Travis clicking

Need help wrenching? Wanna floss your skills? Tech stuff goes here.

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Travis clicking

Postby Ferdie » Fri May 04, 2007 10:52 am

Hey, guys! I just got a brand new Travis 150. It feels great & no complaints riding it. But sporadically, there's this clicking sound coming from the right leg (where the compression adjustment is) everytime I'm unweighing the bike from standstill. It comes & goes. I've adusted the rebound & compression both ways & the clicking still happens at times. Is this normal & would it disappear as I ride it more? The occurence of clicking has lessened after my first ride yesterday. Thanks for any help.
Now, if I can only do this bunny hop everyone keeps talking about...
Ferdie
Toy

Postby Aceman » Fri May 04, 2007 10:07 pm

That's the clock ticking. It's counting down until it blows! J/K

Did you change a spring or something inside? One of my old forks did that until I flipped the spring over and filed the top cap to fit the spring. Sorry I'm not helping much. Aceman

Oh yeah! 700 posts!
Extrememtbr69 "im mot stupid..."
Aceman
All-City

Postby Ferdie » Tue May 08, 2007 9:32 am

Aceman wrote:That's the clock ticking. It's counting down until it blows! J/K

Did you change a spring or something inside? One of my old forks did that until I flipped the spring over and filed the top cap to fit the spring. Sorry I'm not helping much. Aceman

Oh yeah! 700 posts!

The fork's brand new & haven't opened it at all.

Thanks for the response. You have helped. I'll see how it goes in the coming rides. Hopefully it'll settle in & the clicking would disappear.
Now, if I can only do this bunny hop everyone keeps talking about...
Ferdie
Toy

Return to Tech Stuff/Tuning