SCAMMED? Report - Scammers, Theives, low lifes, etc.

Buy and sell stuff....why not its free.

Moderators: Taz, Fool

SCAMMED? Report - Scammers, Theives, low lifes, etc.

Postby Buetang » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:54 am

Okay=

This Thread is For the people By the People. Hcor.net is in no way liable for what is said in the following posts. This is for informative purposes only.

Please don't post anyone's personal information (It will be edited)...This thread is just to make the A-Holes a public spectacle. Help prevent others from being screwed by the same person that once violated your most holliest of holes. Give as much info as you like regarding your situation, just leave out the mailing addresses and phone #'s please.

HANG em' HIGH!
fookie
Buetang
Kingpin

Postby Toshi » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:39 am

ok, here is my tale:

i wanted to get rid of my 2001 super t over the summer, as it was a bit big for my imperial, so i arranged to trade it along with its qr20 wheel for ummbikes' (on RM) Z1 MCR + his slightly nicer 9mm wheel + cash. i sent the fork and verified it was received, but then rob (ummbikes) dropped out of sight. claiming personal problems, he did not answer pms or emails for over a month. finally, when i threatened to come down personally (as my parents live in washington state where he is, and i was visiting them) i received word from him that he had shipped the fork. problem is that due to his dishonesty and lack of communication (and the delay of over a month) he shipped the fork and wheel to my summer apartment. i had been moved out of this place for two weeks at this point. by the time i returned to school after visiting home the wheel and fork were nowhere to be found, so i must assume someone stole them.

net loss for me: one 2001 super t, one qr20 front wheel. why? immediately the reason is that someone apparently stole them while in cambridge. the root cause is that rob (ummbikes) was dishonest and let his personal problems be the excuse for dropping out of contact with me for over a month, and shipping the promised fork and wheel over a month late.

moral of the story: don't trade with ummbikes.
Toshi
All-City

Postby sub6 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:01 pm

I bought an 8" rotor and 8" IS adapter from Tim Kreuger (goes by Tim in Wi on MTBR) about two months ago, never got it. Ignores my emails and phone calls.

If anybody lives near Menomonie, WI and wants to kick his ass, I'd be happy to throw my support behind ya; it's only $40 but it's the principle of the thing.....

Tim Kreuger

velotimbe@hotmail.com
ridevelo@hotmail.com

Menomonie, WI

[EDITED] For personal content
XXL
sub6
Kingpin

Postby ctfphotos » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:05 pm

Seriously...trades go badly at least half of the time. Good rule of thumb is not to trade...just sell. If you want to trade maybe buy the stuff from the other person for the same amount on both sides. Just an idea.
ctfphotos
Burner

Postby zonic man » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:41 am

sub6 wrote:I bought an 8" rotor and 8" IS adapter from Tim Kreuger (goes by Tim in Wi on MTBR) about two months ago, never got it. Ignores my emails and phone calls.
[/b]

I've got a series of threads about Tim being a shit trader over on MTBR. He totally screwed me over...I got him in the end, however. Called his work, told his boss he was a crook, paypal complaint, huge MTBR debate. Etc.

One about Tim.
http://forums13.consumerreview.com/crfo ... X3raB3Ykrt^32@.eeaba66
My thread about tim.
http://forums13.consumerreview.com/crfo ... jKOaXc6taf^34121@.ef68e7b
And

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/crfo ... jKOaXc6taf^34120@.ef660d8/12

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/crfo ... jKOaXc6taf^34135@.ef5c5c5

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/crfo ... jKOaXc6taf^34140@.ef663fd

Toshi wrote:
moral of the story: don't trade with ummbikes.

Wow, isn't he a "thumper" too? How very christian of him.
NCB
zonic man
Dog House

Postby vitox » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:04 pm

hey that velotimbe caused me a good headache back in the (mtbr) day

cant quite remember but im sure i had at least one good deal with him and then some sour ones.
vitox
Burner

Postby Buetang » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:11 am

Remember that Balfa BB7 Team bike that was stolen???

...well, I don't know if they make the frame in White now. BUT! Saw this on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=27948

Acadian, You're buddys with the pinkbike guys. You'd know about this more thank I.
fookie
Buetang
Kingpin

Postby Socket » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:23 am

STOLEN:

5 bikes, from Irilbarra Rd Canterbury:

- Intense M1 (Red), Boxxer WC's, custom tuned 5th Element shock, Hope 4pots, 521 rims, MRP
- Orange 222, Boxxer Race's, Fox RC rear shock, Hope 4 pots, 321/521 rims, MRP
- Norco 250cc (2001), Psylo SL, Profiles, Doublewides, Hayes 6" hydros
- Da Bomb XLR8, Tiger paint, DJ2 (2002), DX32 rims, Hayes hydro rear, V-brake front
- Merida something XC bike, Manitou Black Elite 80/100, Magura Marta brakes

If you see any of these bikes advertised for sale anywhere (Ebay etc), could you PM or email me please? This is over $30,000AU worth of bikes...
Socket
Kingpin

Postby Pip3r » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:39 pm

Buetang wrote:Remember that Balfa BB7 Team bike that was stolen???

...well, I don't know if they make the frame in White now. BUT! Saw this on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=27948

Acadian, You're buddys with the pinkbike guys. You'd know about this more thank I.

yea that seems alittle sketchy due to the white, but looks like it was just some crazed fan :roll: that wanted team colors

http://www.earthmovermtb.com/images/hullbig.jpg

Theres a pic of Hugos bike. The one on ebay has a black shock link, and long silver stem. Also, Hugos bike when it was stolen had a floating brake and a 5th element

Only time ive bought something from someone online was from jbrunton on RM, and everything went perfect, i was amazed at the condition the fork was in.
Pip3r
Legend

Postby bigteddy » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:01 am

Last year i was going to buy a Remec on MTBR. I payed the guy and he told me the bike had been at the Remec factory being serviced making sure everything was A-OK. Well i basically payed for a month and half of phone tag with the Remec distributor and e-mail tag wit the seller. The real Douche was the guy @ Remec. He ran me around non-stop. He kept saying he sent it and it was returned. Finally he told me he sent it one last time and the whole thing got damaged (how convenient) so i told Abe (the guy on MTBR) that i wanted my money back and he said he didnt have it anymore. My mom called him (i know, i must be a bitch) and he finally sent it me the $$$. what a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!
Iron Lung
bigteddy
Kingpin

Postby dump » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:58 pm

bigteddy wrote:Last year i was going to buy a Remec on MTBR. I payed the guy and he told me the bike had been at the Remec factory being serviced making sure everything was A-OK. Well i basically payed for a month and half of phone tag with the Remec distributor and e-mail tag wit the seller. The real Douche was the guy @ Remec. He ran me around non-stop. He kept saying he sent it and it was returned. Finally he told me he sent it one last time and the whole thing got damaged (how convenient) so i told Abe (the guy on MTBR) that i wanted my money back and he said he didnt have it anymore. My mom called him (i know, i must be a ) and he finally sent it me the $$$. what a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!

abe sold me a bike w/ a big ding in it. When i first saw the ad he posted on mtbr, it said "no dents or dings," so i didn't feel the need to inquire further... he later removed that wording & claimed at the point that i saw the ad, it had been changed (not the case) & that i didnt' ask about it & therefore it was ok.

well - i knew about that wording, so i obviously had to see it & i didn't ask about it because i did in fact see it.

he said everythign was a-ok w/ the bike... the seat was busted, the rear wheel was in bad such shape that when i went on the first xc ride w/ it, i broke a spoke, things were mal-adjusted, the lx shifter was busted & barely shifted...

oh - he also said that the the included spring was a 300 & that i would probably need a 450 & that for $60 he'd include the 450 (after the fact! this wasn't posted on the ad! ) anyway - when i pay him the extra $60 & get the bike, there's only 1 spring included! so i couldn't even sell the 300lb spring & attempt to recoup some of that $60.

that was about it - overall it wasn't a positive experience - he had the money in hand & i had his junked up bike... he wasn't helpful & refused to work out any kind of deal.

i don't do business w/ abe bachrach anymore.

- dump
i'm out
dump
All-City

Postby spincrazy » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:38 am

Low-life alert. Do not do business with Todd King, ebay user id cheeksterdenali.

He was the high bidder on my auction for 6 of the 7 day duration. He was the winning high bidder at the end of the auction. With 22 hours left in the auction he tells me that he bought another bike with 'Buy it Now' and wanted to retract his bid, but HE NEVER DID and now refuses to pay. He bid something around $2000 total for my bike to start with, then 2 days later bought another bike knowing full well that he had bid on my auction and would likely win.

I'm stuck with the bike, ebay charges, a screwed up auction and carrying around a whole lotta 'I wanna bust your face'.

Do not do business with Todd King of Sammamish, WA
Smoke cigarettes
spincrazy
Burner

Postby Crazybastard » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:45 am

I have another ebay asshole mike131413
I had to bids on my bike then he bid ond won the auction and never replied to any emails or bad feedback. so never recieved the payment send the second chance but the dude already picked up a differet bike.
Crazybastard
Webster's worst nightmare

Postby Erci » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:53 am

This dude bid on my DHR on ebay and won the auction. It has been over a week.. I've emailed him loads of times and even left him voice mail. He has not replied once! Yet he had the nads to bid on ANOTHER one of my auctions AFTER he won the DHR and ignored my emails!!
His user name here and on ebay is viciousdher

I know his name, address and phone, but it's against ebay rules to use it anywhere else, but on ebay. I can just tell you that he's from upstate NY (cause it says so in his profile on this site).
I'm out of $30 for the final auction fee as of now (hopefully I'll get it back, if ebay is fair with stuff like this)
Erci
Bomber

Re: SCAMMED? Report - Scammers, Theives, low lifes, etc.

Postby Erci » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:20 am

Unbelievable!! Same scumbag (viciousdher) who won my auction and NEVER contacted me, never replied to my emails or my phone call had the nerve to give me negative feedback on ebay!
Here's what he wrote:
"Be careful ! Not pleasant to deal with. I'll keep the rest to myself"

Sorry, just had to went.
Erci
Bomber

Postby Buetang » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:08 am

Scammer link: http://www.hcor.net/postt12846.html

Here is the e-mail address of the scammer for reference:

"John Daniels" <danielscom333@yahoo.co.uk>
fookie
Buetang
Kingpin

Postby Buetang » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:52 pm

Same link, new e-mail:

"ian stobbs" <engr_ian@fastermail.com>
fookie
Buetang
Kingpin

Postby mmackg » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:21 pm

Keep an eye out for Will Vanderbeke or something to that effect is his name. He is a USA Semi-Pro located on Colorado.

wnvan@aol.com

I traded my Tall Boxxer crown for his short crown.

He told me the condition was good. no scratches, dings or fractures.

The crown arrived absolutely beat to shit and it looked like this guy spent his 2003 season riding in rock gardens upside down.

If you are going to deal with this guy please make sure that you discuss the condition of the goods being sold before you close any deals.

To be fair to Will, He may be a decent guy, but be certain that the item that you buy is in OK condition and it would be wise to ask to see some pics first.
Made in New York
mmackg
Burner

VITOX - BAD SELLER

Postby ohio » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:21 pm

There's a long thread about this here (http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58794), but basically I traded him a boxxer for an el jefe rear shock. I rush shipped him the boxxer immediately... now 7 months later, I still haven't recieved the shock. I also ended up forking over another $100 cash for a Ti spring upgrade... on a shock I never recieved. Sweet.

He did actually try to ship it once, aftr I told him NOT to ship it at that moment because I would be in California and unable to recieve it. That was 3 months ago. I have since offered to split shipping with him, just to get the shock, even though this is entirely his fault. He agreed to that, but never actually sent it.

He's probably a nice guy, but he is extremely irresponsible, disorganzied, non-responsive... etc. I have recieved numerous message from others who have had similar (though slightly less expensive) experiences with him.

Avoid buying from or trading with him. It's just not worth it. And I would only sell him something if he paid up front with a verified method.

Basically I gave the guy a free DH race fork and $100 to screw me royally.[url][/url]
ohio
Toy

Postby beef_cakes » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:37 pm

well.. think this would be a good place to tell people to keep an eye out for my snowboard... 156 acedmy AK, dark blue/black

http://www.snowboard.com/forums/topic.a ... C_ID=38755

stolen 12-10-04 in stratton.

thanks for any help..
beef_cakes
Burner

Scammed....

Postby themoose » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:42 am

well cant help but thinking i got scammed by DHracer1097 ... hes had my money for over a month now and every time i hear from him (which is very rarely) its always, ill send it tomorrow, ill send it tomorrow, my MOM doesnt want to make 2 trips so ill send it tomorrow. then i dont hear from him for like another 4 days untill i threaten him with calling the police. if i would have known he was a highschool kid before the deal went down , i wouldnt have done it (no offense to responsible highschool kids). but looks like i got fucked out of 100 bucks for a front wheel that should have been here weeks ago. i told him i needed it by 2 weekends ago and still have nothing. bottom line . dont trade with DHracer1097.
themoose
All-City

Postby konahucker43 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:20 pm

that sux, i kinda know that kid through racing
konahucker43
All-City

Postby themoose » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:54 pm

well if you know him through racing that at least gives me some kind of hope that he at least HAS the part he "sold" to me. he keeps feeding me some line about some new frame he is getting or some bullshit.
"Bones heal, chicks dig scars, and america has the best doctor to daredevil ratio in the world" - the simpsons
themoose
All-City

Postby boogenman » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:26 pm

konahucker43 wrote:that sux, i kinda know that kid through racing

someone should beat the stuffing out of that dhracer kid
boogenman
Kingpin

Postby themoose » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:16 pm

boogenman wrote:
konahucker43 wrote:that sux, i kinda know that kid through racing

someone should beat the stuffing out of that dhracer kid

indeed they should ... but who ??? :roll:
themoose
All-City

Next

Return to Buy and Sell