Extra Hour On Big Lift

Jiminy Peak Massachusetts

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Extra Hour On Big Lift

Postby bikeandblade » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:28 pm

Big lift has been opening earlier due to great turn out. They will open it at 11:00 as long as 15 or more riders are here. So dont wait til 12 to buy your tickets if your hanging out in the lot. Trails are in great shape this week. If turnout continues to grow expect to see more trails in the future years. The higher ups at jiminy are starting to realize that revenue can be made from mtn biking rather than just a service to offer for its guests. I dont think we will ever see a slopestyle course like Whistler but more fast flowing singletrack and maybe a jump run or mtn cross course. Any suggestions to make Jiminy a better place for DHing let me know. I would like to thank all the riders for supporting Jiminy and all volunteers for the trail maintenace and hard work that hey put in. Some of you may not know that all trail maintenance is done by volunteers and there isnt a paid trail crew like some of the other mountains have. With continued support we may be able to hire a trail crew in the future years tp keep the trails in great shape.
Thanks
Dave
bikeandblade
Toy

Postby SuspectDevice » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:20 pm

Thanks for the info on the big lift Dave!

I got HCOR to give us this forum to dessiminate information exactly like this.

I'll see you up there this weekend, I'm sure!

_Mickey
SuspectDevice
All-City

Postby bikeandblade » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:27 pm

SuspectDevice wrote:Thanks for the info on the big lift Dave!

I got HCOR to give us this forum to dessiminate information exactly like this.

I'll see you up there this weekend, I'm sure!

_Mickey

Hey Mickey,
I'll be up there on Saturday but sad to say that I'm leaving for Whistler on sunday. Sunday after riding Jiminy I stopped over at the Pedros site and hooked up with derek on his DNA and checked the dirt jumps that the sinister guys are building for the festival. They have got some sick jumps this year, you should stop in before or after jiminy to check em out.
Dave
bikeandblade
Toy

Postby SuspectDevice » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:06 pm

Garson, FTW and I are going to swing by on this Thursday to do some prep on the Pedros venue and get some runs in at Jiminy. I think that Pedros will once again be a great event to showcase how fun the riding is at Jiminy Peak!
SuspectDevice
All-City

Return to Jiminy Peak, MA