ATTITASH DH???

Attitash Mt. in New Hamshire

Moderators: Taz, Fool

ATTITASH DH???

Postby RUMBLE » Fri May 27, 2005 11:23 am

What is the deal with Attitash DH? I was thinking of going for the first time this weekend. How does this place compare to Platt., Diablo, Snow, Kill.? Any Info would be great!
RUMBLE
Toy

Postby TheDHBiker » Fri May 27, 2005 12:39 pm

I am not sure how it compares to Platty or Diablo but Ihave heard that it is much better than Killington. Most of the trails are technical trails winding down though the woods with a lot pretty fun sections. There are a few smaller stunts and a lot of cool natural stuff to hit. There aren't that big of drops but the woods trails and techical stuff is a lot of fun. Be sure to give "Holy Chute" a try if you go as it is a great trail with a fun chute in it right before you go under the chairlift too. What will you be riding there?
TheDHBiker

Postby DHbiker » Fri May 27, 2005 1:48 pm

TheDHBiker wrote:I am not sure how it compares to Platty or Diablo but Ihave heard that it is much better than Killington. Most of the trails are technical trails winding down though the woods with a lot pretty fun sections. There are a few smaller stunts and a lot of cool natural stuff to hit. There aren't that big of drops but the woods trails and techical stuff is a lot of fun. Be sure to give "Holy Chute" a try if you go as it is a great trail with a fun chute in it right before you go under the chairlift too. What will you be riding there?

That was by me. I posted that.
DHbiker
Burner

Re: ATTITASH DH???

Postby RUMBLE » Fri May 27, 2005 1:49 pm

Thanks for the info. If I go I will be on a MC Shockwave 9.5 and a friend of mine will be riding a Cannondale Gemini DH. I noticed on the web site the chair does not go to the top, does that mean We will spend most of the day on the lift? How long are the runs?
BTW, Diablo is the best place around, second to Platt. in my opinion.
I wanted to go to Diablo this weekend but figured I might try to avoid the crowd due to the U.S. open. I figured I would try something new closer to home.
RUMBLE
Toy

Postby DHbiker » Fri May 27, 2005 2:11 pm

RUMBLE wrote:Thanks for the info. If I go I will be on a MC Shockwave 9.5 and a friend of mine will be riding a Cannondale Gemini DH. I noticed on the web site the chair does not go to the top, does that mean We will spend most of the day on the lift? How long are the runs?
BTW, Diablo is the best place around, second to Platt. in my opinion.
I wanted to go to Diablo this weekend but figured I might try to avoid the crowd due to the U.S. open. I figured I would try something new closer to home.

Umm the runs range from pretty short to long about 15 minutes long. I be there on a Silver Big Hit with a Shiver and my friend with a Silverish SGS. You will spend most time on the runs not on the lift since it is a HSQ. You get to cut the alpine slidders line too and watch them complain about how bikers get to cut the line. Fun stuff. It will probally be more crowded there this weekend than most other weekends of the year but it will still be good fun.
DHbiker
Burner

Postby RUMBLE » Fri May 27, 2005 2:18 pm

Thanks again.
If you see us up there, give us a shout!
RUMBLE
Toy

Return to Attitash NH