Ellsworth ID Frame - Medium (17) - Ano- Orange

When topics are beaten to death, way off topic, or just plain old.

Moderator: Taz

Postby Campy » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:42 am

Brand new, Used three times.
Bought it to try out XC with some buddies, but XC is not for me so I am selling it.

I am looking for $1300 for the frame and rear Fox shock.
Fox AVA R Pro Pedal 5.25

This is a beautiful american made bike.

I am looking for a local and easy sale.

I live Staten Island but work in New Jersey and I am always in Brooklyn.

Last edited by Campy on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Campy
Tagger

Postby coop » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:43 am

whats local?
I dont discriminate, I HATE everyone.
coop
All-City

Postby Campy » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:55 am

I mean it would be nice to do a transaction in person.
I am live Staten Island but work in New Jersey and I am always in Brooklyn.
Campy
Tagger

Postby MARTEEN » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:15 pm

man this frame looks alot like one of the frames that was jacked from a local shop by me about a year ago
they jacked abunch of frames. and parts
from briarclif bike works in ny

one being a medium orange id just like this, I'm pretty sure that orange was special order too..
sketchy
MARTEEN
Bomber

Postby Campy » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:37 pm

Dude, it would have been nice for you to PM me instead of making me look shady as I try to sell a perfectly legal bike.

Thanks

A$$

The bike was bought brand new from Patrice at BayRridge Bikes Brooklyn New York , 718-238-1118.

Call her yourself.

She knows the bike and they know me.
Campy
Tagger

Postby MARTEEN » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:46 am

my bad homes,

but how many "medium" "ano orange" (special order) elseworth IDs were sold?? In new york none the least.

you gotta understand how i could think it might be the stolen one. same state, barely ridden ( hell it looks like it never touched dirt ever", a year a half after the theft?

it's just a wierd feeling I acted on,

P.S.
i know from experiance how bay ridge works.

whats the serial number on the frame???
MARTEEN
Bomber

Postby Campy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:15 am

MARTEEN wrote:i know from experiance how bay ridge works.

What is that supposed to mean?

Dude listen if you have a issue please contact me personally.
PM me and I will give you my number , then we can talk or possibly meet up....

Its your call.
Last edited by Campy on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy
Tagger

Postby Campy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:29 am

Actually go check your PMs I gave you my number.
Call me as soon as you get it.
Campy
Tagger

Postby chaloots » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:09 am

[quote="MARTEEN"]my bad homes,

P.S.
i know from experiance how bay ridge works.

???[/quote

how exactly does bay ridge work? if your so familiar w/them you'd know that that shop is fully stocked .why the hell would they deal w/a stolen frame when they are an authorized ellsworth dealer.
chaloots
Bomber

Postby VAS123 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:29 am

MARTEEN wrote:my bad homes,

but how many "medium" "ano orange" (special order) elseworth IDs were sold?? In new york none the least.

NYC is a small town, only about 1500, mayb 1700 people....so i would say at least 2 IDs were sold......... :roll:

why would bayridge sell stolen bikes?
VAS123
Kingpin

Re: Ellsworth ID Frame - Medium (17) - Ano- Orange

Postby stants » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:25 pm

MARTEEN THIS IS TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER!!!!

You cant do things like that man!

You have, without a shred of evidence other than a 'feeling' ruined the chances of this bike being sold by shooting your mouth off before you have even engaged your brain.

And what makes it even worse is that rather than using the diplomatic route and using PM you saw fit to post it right on the site!!! Without even talking to the seller......And then it gets even better.....rather than posting a follow up sayin i was wrong and say sorry, YOU THEN ASK FOR THE SERIAL NUMBER DOGG!!!

Thats gonna inspire a whole lot of confidence for all the other buyers!

I appreciate that your heart was in the right place trying to protect buyers from buying stolen goods, and i respect that, but come on, you could have gone about it in a much smarter fashion

I will personally vouch for the seller of this ID, i sent him a Certified Cheque for $3500 not more than 7 days ago, after a long series of correspondence.

The cheque was cashed and i received the brooklyn race link that i was buying in 4 days......nothing to amazing about that right.....except for the fact that i am in the U.K. Now if Campy was looking to rip anyone off would nt that have been the perfect time with an open cheque for 3500?

And as for Bayridge's reputation being called into question by even asking for the serial number.....well...thats just crazy.....anyone who has dealt with Bayridge can put you straight on that one, maybe you should phone Patrice and tell her whats being said...... sure she will have something to say about.......rather you than me though mate.

For everyone else reading this, i am sorry to have a moan but this sort of thing really gets my back up....it unfair and its wrong.

Marteen, if you do want or need to speak to me you can mail me at Stants01@aol.com (its my personal email) i will be more than happy to confirm any details you may be unsure or worried about in regards to user campy, if your seriously looking to buy the bike....that goes for anyone else to.

Peace.

Stants
stants
Toy

Postby rickfick » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:46 pm

Here we go again with BayRidge, maybe you all should just lay off, the store is great everything is in stock enough said. But stolen Come on! They have been in business over 25 years and are dealers with Ellsworth, why, why would any dealer sell stolen bikes from a company that they distribute. Insane... If you dont like Bayrideg dont go there, but no need to bad mouth and start any more issues. I was just in the other day, all the new candy is in stock for you all to see, not on the web not in the mag but pick it up and feel the new Avalancehe shock or all of the new Marzocchi 05 stuff even the tires, see for yourself if you want the goods you know where to go... But like I said stolen is nuts, Patrice wouldnt even talk to someone if she thought it was shady and for that matter she doesnt even buy used bikes.. Oh well I thought I would sound off I hate seeing good people get abused and accused on this forum.
And Jon HCor this should be banned from the comments its not right!
The enigma known as Randy's V10........
Bayridge Bikes There is No Substitute....
"Your already here, so just make the best of it" The Great One!
rickfick
Burner

Postby Hcor » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:17 pm

Ok guys....end this discussion. The bike is totally legal as per Bay Ridge Bikes. If you have any doubt then please handle it through proper legal channels. This is not the place to bash our LBS's with no real basis.

This is not fair to the seller or to Bay Ridge Bikes. Seller, Please relist your item for sale in a new thread and I will remove this one to prevent any more damage to anyones reputation.

Thank you
Be careful how you treat others, for you may develop a bad rash.
Hcor
Site Admin

Return to The Graveyard