Feroz/Leo has been banned

When topics are beaten to death, way off topic, or just plain old.

Moderator: Taz

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:19 pm

SR wrote:I think they are very much related. They both boil down to respect... for the site and the owners/mods of the site. The bottom line is that this recent ferozian issue and the events that took place on ridemonkey were a result of disrespect.

Words put into my lazy, tired mouth... :thumb:
Peter
NRJP

Postby Buetang » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:21 pm

SR wrote:I think they are very much related. They both boil down to respect... for the site and the owners/mods of the site. The bottom line is that this recent ferozian issue and the events that took place on ridemonkey were a result of disrespect.

You now get your Good Poster patch for your boyscout sash.
fookie
Buetang
Kingpin

Postby narlus » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:33 pm

Buetang wrote:

You now get your Good Poster patch for your boyscout sash.

:lol:
Yuppie wrote:Flames make everything faster, stronger, and better.
narlus
Dog House

Postby Cheers » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:26 pm

Hcor wrote:
Hmm...that makes sense.
you think that these sites have to be run how the mods see fit, but it is gay and you dont agree with it. Um ok

You are so off base its ridiculous. Its obvious you dont have any idea why this happened other than basing it on a quick glance through this thread. Months of continous BS, complaints, arguments, harrasment, stupidity are what caused this. Not an argument or personal differences. This site and RM shouldnt even be mentioned together as the issues here are not even in the least bit related to the crap that went on over there.

It does make sense... :cry:
I am saying that the idea of banning people is gay....but, these are private sites so it is up to you how you how you run your site (even if I disagree with your methods)..just like Arian at Ride monkey had the "right" to ban all of us...but, like Josh told me when all that BS went down...it was bad admining...I am sure he "brought it on himself", I doubt it was some random act of power abuse by you. It is just too bad that people take these things so seriously that they have to complain to the admin about people. I am sure you are tired of hearing the complaints from all the users. Sorry if I "disrepected" you, I was not trying to. We all don't have to agree on everything, or do we? :?

Yes I am basing this on a quick glance, as I have not had the time to get into the "fine points" of the "issues" at hand. I will have to do that later I am going for a ride now.

Besides, I am really not overly interested in the whole thing. I was just throwing in my 2 cents, since I thought it was an open discussion.
Cheers

Postby Hcor » Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:29 pm

Cheers wrote:
Hcor wrote:
Hmm...that makes sense.
you think that these sites have to be run how the mods see fit, but it is gay and you dont agree with it. Um ok

You are so off base its ridiculous. Its obvious you dont have any idea why this happened other than basing it on a quick glance through this thread. Months of continous BS, complaints, arguments, harrasment, stupidity are what caused this. Not an argument or personal differences. This site and RM shouldnt even be mentioned together as the issues here are not even in the least bit related to the crap that went on over there.

It does make sense... :cry:
I am saying that the idea of banning people is gay....but, these are private sites so it is up to you how you how you run your site (even if I disagree with your methods)..just like Arian at Ride monkey had the "right" to ban all of us...but, like Josh told me when all that BS went down...it was bad admining...I am sure he "brought it on himself", I doubt it was some random act of power abuse by you. It is just too bad that people take these things so seriously that they have to complain to the admin about people. I am sure you are tired of hearing the complaints from all the users. Sorry if I "disrepected" you, I was not trying to. We all don't have to agree on everything, or do we? :?

Yes I am basing this on a quick glance, as I have not had the time to get into the "fine points" of the "issues" at hand. I will have to do that later I am going for a ride now.

Besides, I am really not overly interested in the whole thing. I was just throwing in my 2 cents, since I thought it was an open discussion.

I hate having to ban someone...anyone who has been around here for a long enough time can attest to that. This is the first time I/we have ever had to do anything like this and I hope its the last. The whole RM thing went down alot different than this. Comparing the two situations isnt really fair IMO. We have a very relaxed forum with only a few simple rules. We let people express themselves, converse, debate, argue with hardly any moderation. But as with anything else....you always have the few who will abuse the freedom, and/or try to piss people off. Things started to get out of hand, and when we tried to work it out....we were treated like shit and disrepected. There is absolutely no reason for people to act in that manner, especially on a forum in which we PROVIDE for them free of charge. I am really proud of this site and its members. We went from a small little web page and grew into one of the biggest Mountain Bike related sites on the net. I will not allow a few people to destroy for everyone else what took alot of time, money, and energy to build up. I dont know why this is so hard for some of you to grasp.

If a person frequents a bar/club and continually disprespects the patrons and the owners, causes other repectful customers to stop coming in, grabs a few idiot buddies to mimick his behaviour, and repeats this over and over after multiple warnings etc. What do are you to do? Sit there and watch your place go to shit? I think not.

And if I remember correctly Cheers......you are one of the people that explained to me that the reason you didnt frequent the boards here was..and this is an exact quote from my PM's
"there is a lot going on your site and sometimes the posts get way out of control...with guys like the Ice Peeps..some guy pete and others"

Thats exactly the same thing I hear from alot of people who have alot to contribute here, but cant deal with all the nonsense and abuse.
Be careful how you treat others, for you may develop a bad rash.
Hcor
Site Admin

Postby Destroy » Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:34 pm

dinsy - u do put legitimate post here. when u care about a topic u sound very professional. u really come off to b a real asshole sometimes too wich i dont think u really r.

freeridefab's - same w/ u man, good posts when u care, but u just post the wrong things sometimes. i know ur a cool person cause u took the time to do those tags for me. ur not just some punk kid.

i compleatly agree with you. I am a fag sometimes, add my immature sense of humor to posts etc, but im done with that shit now. Hcor is a cool site, cool people, cool mods, just a good time. This is really the only site i go to. I dont want to get banned so the f**k with immaturity (sp?).

*Ride dirt.
Destroy
495mtbcrew

Postby Spud » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:14 pm

IMHO.....The only thing I see on this forum I disagree with are people quoting PM's...as above... and mods publically chastising/namecalling someone in the forum instead of PM'ing that person and taking care of the issue in a mature fashion. To be a respected site, the mods should be above that behavior.
Question...if you put someone on the ignore list (something I haven't done) does that block their posts completly ...for easier reading? Does it also curb their ability to PM you (so you won't get pics of dead animals :) )?
Spud
All-City

Postby Toshi » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:08 pm

you can't ignore mods! (i would like to ignore atom's dirtbag posts entirely :x ) but yes, it does otherwise block posts completely. not sure about PMs, haven't had that come up.
Toshi
All-City

Postby M.W. » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:17 pm

I really don't see why everyone's getting all huffy about this... Leo doesn't really care... Whatever, I'm over it.

Freeride Fabrications, please just shut the f**k up and die.
www.imfour.org <- ARS YOU!?
Peter says:
it was a really fun session/jam/gathering
Peter says:
even though I was the only one in bright clothes
Peter says: vinyl is the best thing since underpants
Peter says: My name isn't p-diddy grau-dub you ass
M.W.
NRJP

Postby Buetang » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:22 pm

M.W. wrote:I really don't see why everyone's getting all huffy about this... Leo doesn't really care... Whatever, I'm over it.

Freeride Fabrications, please just shut the up and die.

I think hes trying to get past whatever vendetta coments like this come from. I know you're cool enough to see that, why don't you quit being huffy (about what ever the f**k this is all about) and get over it?
fookie
Buetang
Kingpin

Postby SR » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:36 pm

yo man, what's your guys problem with huffy :?: :!:

SR
Kingpin

Postby Lurch.. » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:52 pm

Hold on here, back the banning bus the f**k up! Feroz and Leo were the same person?!??!?!
The party's over Fredrick, pack up the circus and get on your tricycle. The office is now closed for repairs.Penguin! Penguin! Penguin!
THERE IS A FLY IN MY ICECUBE>>>>>--------<<<<
Lurch..
All-City

Postby M.W. » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:54 pm

Lurch.. wrote:Hold on here, back the banning bus the f**k up! Feroz and Leo were the same person?!??!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHGHHGHAHAHHHAAAAAHAA (sorry if that's off topic, but I laughed really hard. :( )

Yeah, same (really odd) person.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby Lurch.. » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:32 pm

M.W. wrote:
Lurch.. wrote:Hold on here, back the banning bus the up! Feroz and Leo were the same person?!??!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHGHHGHAHAHHHAAAAAHAA (sorry if that's off topic, but I laughed really hard. :( )

Old??? Like how old?!?!?! Ah man, wheres he posting now, im gona miss his randomness.

EDIT: oh ODD, i gota stop chokin the chicken so much.
The party's over Fredrick, pack up the circus and get on your tricycle. The office is now closed for repairs.Penguin! Penguin! Penguin!
THERE IS A FLY IN MY ICECUBE>>>>>--------<<<<
Lurch..
All-City

Postby Taz » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:11 am

If memory serves me right.... Alex and Seth, as well as many others, got banned cause they disagreed with RM... You can disagree with me all day, and argue with me all day. Fine with me. Hell you can even flame me in arguements all day.

But useless rambling I get sick and tired of... And sending PM's to people with offensive material is uncalled for as well. We keep this site as work friendly as possible, sending people PM's with offensive content is against my rule book and always will be. I use these forums at work and do not want to open up a PM with something that could get me in deep shit at work. And there are many others on here that are in the same situation I am.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
Taz
Site Admin

Postby atom » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:51 am

Toshi wrote:you can't ignore mods! (i would like to ignore atom's dirtbag posts entirely :x ) but yes, it does otherwise block posts completely. not sure about PMs, haven't had that come up.

hey, whats wrong with my dirtbag posts :?: :twisted:
peace love and harmony.
atom
Kingpin

Postby SR » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:00 am

I DISAGREEEEEEEEE

nah, I actually don't know all the issues with the RM genocide because I only post in the PNW forum there...anyway, I only know a bit about M.W.'s banning circumstances because he told me about it and I'm sure he will tell you he had and still has no respect for the owner's/mod's of that site. And many of the member who eventually were banned as a result of all that jazz were done so due to what stems from disrespect. I also know from what explanations I read by both sides during the RM fiasco that many of the issues had been building under the surface for some time.
Our good buddy Leo Lafontaine from Lapeer Michigan did not buy too many shares of the Hcor Respect stock and everybody knows that. Anyway, that's all I was saying...not arguing the issue. Everyone, including Leo, realized his banning was justified by the standards and limits of this site by yourself, Jon, and anyone else who has a say in administrative decisions.
SR
Kingpin

Postby M.W. » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:12 am

Lurch.. wrote:
M.W. wrote:
Lurch.. wrote:Hold on here, back the banning bus the up! Feroz and Leo were the same person?!??!?!

Ah man, wheres he posting now, im gona miss his randomness.

I dunno, I tune into the Leo show regularily on the MSN...

Good times...
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby M.W. » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:14 am

SR wrote:I DISAGREEEEEEEEE

nah, I actually don't know all the issues with the RM genocide because I only post in the PNW forum there...anyway, I only know a bit about M.W.'s banning circumstances because he told me about it and I'm sure he will tell you he had and still has no respect for the owner's/mod's of that site. And many of the member who eventually were banned as a result of all that jazz were done so due to what stems from disrespect. I also know from what explanations I read by both sides during the RM fiasco that many of the issues had been building under the surface for some time.
Our good buddy Leo Lafontaine from Lapeer Michigan did not buy too many shares of the Hcor Respect stock and everybody knows that. Anyway, that's all I was saying...not arguing the issue. Everyone, including Leo, realized his banning was justified by the standards and limits of this site by yourself, Jon, and anyone else who has a say in administrative decisions.

For what it's worth, every explanation RM posted after the whole thing was complete bullshit. That guy is a f**king liar and I hope he gets hit by a truck.

Ahaha Leo isn't even real anyways, he's just the manifestation of the consciousness of the internet. He knows way too many obsucre facts to be an actual person.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby narlus » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:50 am

M.W. wrote:Ahaha Leo isn't even real anyways, he's just the manifestation of the consciousness of the internet. He knows way too many obsucre facts to be an actual person.

a mailing i used to actively read/post to had a funny scenario where a new member joined, but a couple of older members were letting on that they actually created the guy, and he was just an on-line persona. the newbie was getting kinda pissed that no one thought he was real until some people actually confirmed his corporeal existence.
Yuppie wrote:Flames make everything faster, stronger, and better.
narlus
Dog House

Postby M.W. » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:42 am

narlus wrote:
M.W. wrote:Ahaha Leo isn't even real anyways, he's just the manifestation of the consciousness of the internet. He knows way too many obsucre facts to be an actual person.

a mailing i used to actively read/post to had a funny scenario where a new member joined, but a couple of older members were letting on that they actually created the guy, and he was just an on-line persona. the newbie was getting kinda pissed that no one thought he was real until some people actually confirmed his corporeal existence.

He's seriously not real though.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby Hcor » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:58 am

M.W. wrote:
narlus wrote:

He's seriously not real though.

Real enough to show his unique IP address trying to get to the site something like 36 times yesterday. Real or not...it was a chore to deal with. Anyway its over with...lets move on.
Be careful how you treat others, for you may develop a bad rash.
Hcor
Site Admin

Postby SR » Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:02 am

haha....36 times
SR
Kingpin

Postby Spud » Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:21 am

Toshi wrote:you can't ignore mods! (i would like to ignore atom's dirtbag posts entirely :x ) but yes, it does otherwise block posts completely. not sure about PMs, haven't had that come up.

I'm not concerned with blocking Mods. I was curious if blocking "offenders of BS content" make the posts shorter or if their replies still take up space....and just don't show the print. Thanks
Spud
All-City

Postby Toshi » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:34 am

Spud wrote:

I'm not concerned with blocking Mods. I was curious if blocking "offenders of BS content" make the posts shorter or if their replies still take up space....and just don't show the print. Thanks

Toshi
All-City

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard