Feroz/Leo has been banned

When topics are beaten to death, way off topic, or just plain old.

Moderator: Taz

Feroz/Leo has been banned

Postby Hcor » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:07 am

After multiple warnings and a ton of complaints. Leo/Feroz has been banned from these forums. Although banning is the last thing on earth I want to resort to, I cannot allow the forum/site to be overrun with nonsense and disrespect due to a few bad eggs who make it their duty to make others miserable.

Taz and I have put countless hours of our own time and hard work into this site to benefit our sport and its riders. We will not allow a few people to ruin it for everyone.

This is a very easy going forum with a ton of great personalities, all we ask for is a little common courtesy and to follow a few simple guidelines to keep the forums fun and easy to interact with. Anyone else who decides to follow suit and respond in the same manner that Feroz/Leo did, will be handled in the same manner. I would hope that this was an isolated case, and the last time that this needs to happen. Im sure that most everyone here can agree with this decision. :cya:
Be careful how you treat others, for you may develop a bad rash.
Hcor
Site Admin

Postby Buetang » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:28 am

I'm behind you and Brady 100%. I myself PM'ed Leo/Feroz more than a couple of times about it... Obviously to no avail. We all cut up here, thats why this place is fun. There are limits though, I think pretty much everyone here knows and respects that. The ones that don't, well... I guess we won't have to worry about them anymore. Give respect where respect is due. (except when its Mini) :wink:

Jon and Brady have taken this site from a little info only web-space, to a full on race related site, and race supporting web-site. Not to mention, a site with a Race team. A site that has info on local trails and trail conditions, and a site that has helped to promote and build NEW DH trails for everyone here to know about, learn about...and most importantly...Ride. Most of you can remember back to the days when all of our photos, had a damn Pinkbike.com water mark at the bottom of it and our mygonzo photos where down all the time. This place has grown and all of the members have made that possible. We are Hcor, and we are ultimately how hcor is viewed by others.

I know there are going to be those of you who don't agree w/Jon on this subject. Thats fine, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Know this though before you respond. Jon and Brady tried more than I would've, there where more than one second, second chances in this little matter. It was obvious that this was wanted by Leo, just to see if Jon would do it. This place IS laid back. In this situation, kindness was mistaken for weakness. Hcor proved that weakness was and is not the case here. Hopefully this will set the example.

Later-
-d
fookie
Buetang
Kingpin

Postby atom » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:05 am

well said 'tang. Cant really say it better myself...but Im gonna add to it.

I too am with Hcor and Taz on this. I think that it blows to have to ban someone. Its sooooo RMish :roll: :wink: I never had a direct problem with Leo, but I too feel his posts were uselss and took away from the true value of this place. All of us mods had discussed, contemplated and finally decided that this was the best thing to do for this site. At the same time, we were all worried about a rebellion against hcor by all the other people who partake in many of the useless banter that Leo headed up. Thats bullshit really. Hcor shouldnt have to feel like he needs to defend his decisions against the community b/c of one instance. Lets hope it doesnt get to that.

I know that all of us, at one time or another get into squabbles, or post BS or just mess around... its all in good fun. But leo insisted upon bastardizing every thread he posted in. He then insisted on ignoring the many pleas for it stop. He also decided it would be fun to mock hcor and disrepect all that Taz and Hcor have worked for on this site. They were left with no other choice. There is only so much they should have to take just to save face around here. Again, thats BS.

This place certainly is mellow. We can do all the things we want on here w/o any hassles. Its when people decide to push the limits that the integrity of this place gets compromised. I hope that through this thread, people will understand that this wasnt a power trip. This was a reaction, for everyones benefit, to a disrepectful user who degrades the value of the information that Hcor provides for us, for free.

-Atom
peace love and harmony.
atom
Kingpin

Postby Crazybastard » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:20 am

I agree a 100 % sure it is fun joking and stuff but when you ruin the content of a forum with just random things like which crack is better and stuff like that, it is not as enjoyably to browse thru 50 posts of crap just to get to the normal stuff that actually makes sense.
Crazybastard
Webster's worst nightmare

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:16 pm

I don't agree fully though,.. I like Leo's rebelliousness. I realise that his words can sound harsh to some... aha, and sometimes they are.

I support Leo's war against stupiddity... fight fire with fire? ...and a laugh.

But, fair enough...
Peter
NRJP

Postby M.W. » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:04 pm

PGR wrote:I don't agree fully though,.. I like Leo's rebelliousness. I realise that his words can sound harsh to some... aha, and sometimes they are.

But, fair enough...

Europe has spoken.
www.imfour.org <- ARS YOU!?
Peter says:
it was a really fun session/jam/gathering
Peter says:
even though I was the only one in bright clothes
Peter says: vinyl is the best thing since underpants
Peter says: My name isn't p-diddy grau-dub you ass
M.W.
NRJP

Postby narlus » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:00 pm

M.W. wrote:
PGR wrote:I don't agree fully though,.. I like Leo's rebelliousness. I realise that his words can sound harsh to some... aha, and sometimes they are.

But, fair enough...

Europe has spoken.

<clears throat>

not all of us, yet.

i was interested to see the opinions of some of the RM-banned guys as well as the rest of the ice peeps (leo was a member, right? i get so confused after i take these blue pills).
Yuppie wrote:Flames make everything faster, stronger, and better.
narlus
Dog House

Postby M.W. » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:03 pm

narlus wrote:
M.W. wrote:

But, fair enough...

Europe has spoken.

<clears throat>

not all of us, yet.

i was interested to see the opinions of some of the RM-banned guys as well as the rest of the ice peeps (leo was a member, right? i get so confused after i take these blue pills).

EuroPete speaks for all of europe. Otherwise he wouldn't be called EuroPete.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby SuperE » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:10 pm

YEH! :)
SuperE
Bomber

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:15 pm

I wasn't banned from FagMonkey though...
Peter
NRJP

Postby M.W. » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:17 pm

Peter wrote:I wasn't banned from FagMonkey though...

I know, I use your account while you're sleeping.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby Bowen » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:31 pm

Could we get the real reason why you banned him? Insted of this bureaucratic bullshit (to put it lightly) that all three of you mods/admins spewed out.

The only one that somewhat explained was atom but he still gave us watered down nonsense.
Bowen
Burner

Postby sean » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:33 pm

Bowen wrote:Could we get the real reason why you banned him? Insted of this bureaucratic bullshit (to put it lightly) that all three of you mods/admins spewed out.

The only one that somewhat explained was atom but he still gave us watered down nonsense.
hmmm, maybe Jon is trying to speak in a professional manner, i wouldn't call it bureaucratic bullshit. You wanna know why they were banned? Maybe it's because almost every damn thread got filled with bs posts that annoyed the hell out of almost everyon here...to put it bluntly.
sean
Kingpin

Postby sub6 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:44 pm

well, it's a shame it had to come to this. Some of feroz's stuff was f**king hilarious, some of it was just plain stupid and a waste of time and webspace/money. I think this site is attempting to gain legitimacy, since HCOR and Taz have spent a lot of their own $$$$$$$ on it, so making it into a playground for the guys who got kicked off RM just wasn't gonna work out anymore. There has to be some "real content" or nobody's gonna care anymore.

I'd hate to see people make a huge deal out of this though. I mean, it's a f**king INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD, ffs....

i'm out....
XXL
sub6
Kingpin

Postby M.W. » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:46 pm

sub6 wrote:well, it's a shame it had to come to this. Some of feroz's stuff was f**king hilarious, some of it was just plain stupid and a waste of time and webspace/money. I think this site is attempting to gain legitimacy, since HCOR and Taz have spent a lot of their own $$$$$$$ on it, so making it into a playground for the guys who got kicked off RM just wasn't gonna work out anymore. There has to be some "real content" or nobody's gonna care anymore.

I'd hate to see people make a huge deal out of this though. I mean, it's a f**king INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD, ffs....

i'm out....

I'm pretty sure that leo never got banned from RM.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby sub6 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:48 pm

hmm, i'm pretty sure he did, it took a little while tho....
XXL
sub6
Kingpin

Postby M.W. » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:49 pm

sub6 wrote:hmm, i'm pretty sure he did, it took a little while tho....

Yeah, he did. I guess it was after I did.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby M.W. » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:20 pm

Maybe you can fight him...
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby atom » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:25 pm

I was banned from RM too. There is a difference tho. The context in which many were banned from RM was nothing like this. Leo was filling legitamate posts w/ BS. Hcor had asked him to change his sig/avatar time and again, and instead Leo just made it worse in defiance. He was asked time and again to ease up and refused. RM just outright banned people just based on difference of opinion w/ him.

Bowen - If you consider what we stated bureaucractic BS, then you are mistaken. Hcor doesnt have to offer anyone a reason for his actions. He choose to in order to make light of the subject and let people know the story. He decision was determined for what was best for the community. We thought it would be approriate to provide everyone with reasons why. If you want examples, do a search for Feroz or Leo and let me know how much actual useful information you find. While your at it, count how many threads he has hijacked. THat is reason enough

Our decision came about b/c not only was it an annoyance to the people whose posts he hijacked, but also to everyone else who was tired of weeding through the junk to get to the good stuff. Many of us received complaints of his doings, and it went unanswered for a long time. The reason was b/c we didnt want this to end up as a lynching type thing. Hcor attempted to work it out with him several times, and Leo refused. SO what should Hcor have done then? Allow him to run this place and chase off all the respectable people who are active in this community and the industry? That is exactly what Leo wanted.

I had nothing against him personally. However, when he disrepects my boy and all the work he has done for everyone in here... then I have to step up. For all of you who say "this is just a message board" Yeah it is...on your end. But on Hcor and Taz's end its alot more. they have invested alot of time and money into this. Hcor has a full-fledged racing team, and many people in the industry who use his site as an outlet to keep in touch with the consumers/riders. Should they throw that all away b/c "its just a message board" to some? dont belittle the real problem here just b/c u dont agree or dont even care about what happened.
peace love and harmony.
atom
Kingpin

Postby Taz » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:45 pm

I dont' have a lot of time to post. I just closed on my house today and now got to move like a mad man.

To put it plainly. We were tired of his useless nonsense bullshit. Wasting my time and the servers time/space with his crap was getting old. I got tired of coming into a thread where he butchered the crap out of it. No more, and warning to those that try to do the same (BIG F'KING HINT TO SOME PEOPLE HERE). You will see the same fate as Leo. I have a much shorter fuse than Jon right now with all the crap I've had to go through with this house my nerves are shot. I wanted to axe feroz/leo a week ago but Jon said no.

Alright I'm out.... Back to packing.... fun fun... :roll:
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
Taz
Site Admin

Postby Buetang » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:58 pm

Bowen wrote:Could we get the real reason why you banned him? Insted of this bureaucratic bullshit (to put it lightly) that all three of you mods/admins spewed out.

Let me spew out some more bureaucratic bullshit for you. "To put it lightly" he got banned for quite a few things. I'll name a few (that I know about.) He sent members threatening PM's, he sent members PM's asking for their addresses for no f**king reason, he sent members pm's with images of dead animals... Little stuff was, He deliberately made avatars to large, as well as sigs and when he was asked to make them smaller, he made them bigger. He had no respect for the admins of this site. I could give two left nuts if he had respect for me, I'm just a regular member with a green screen name. But, if he were disrespectful to me and it bothered me enough to asked Jon or Brady to do something about it, I would expect them to. He finally got his final second chance.

The difference is, I have respect for Jon, and I have respect for my friend Brady. I know how much they put into this site. This wasn't about a difference in opinions, like atom stated. It was about someone not listening or respecting the request of a couple of guys giving us a web-site. It was about a guy being disrespectful to other members in a personal way...etc, etc. Thing is, you know why he got kicked...everyone does, so why ask? I think most people here have enough respect for Jon and Brady to obide by their wishes on certain issues...Just for content, my last avatar....it had a anime chick bouncing her boobs. Someone sent jon a PM asking me to take it down b/c they where afraid of getting in trouble @ work... Now, I've got mad sexxy Tom for an avatar in deliberate defiance for Hcor.net.

The only thing I don't get is this, people want to use the excuse that its just a MB...and that things are taken too serious. Like situations like this. IF its just a MB and if things are taken so serious, then why does this matter so much to you?

But, to take the water down taste out of your mouth. It pretty much got to the point where none of us could stand the mother fuckers actions any more. To put it lightly of course, he was a f**king prick to a lot of people here.
Last edited by Buetang on Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fookie
Buetang
Kingpin

Postby SR » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:16 pm

meh

...I'm only sad that the "idiot club" custom title has died :cry:
SR
Kingpin

Postby Bowen » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:21 pm

From Leo:

Dear sir or madam, in regards to my 'banning' from your intrannette site, yayhooray etc. I'm glad you consider plastic wrap and lens fare as items that would deface a logo. I'm also happy that you caved under the pressure of various groups of upset idiots/dullards. It's a bit worrisome that I didn't recieve any so-called warnings, that I have supposedly been issued. Blah blah etc. and Jon, I HOPE YOU DON'T BEAT ME UP, OUT WEST. I have no problem with most of the people here, but some folks have had secret vendettas, and some are just cocks. If anyone wants to get ahold of me, you know what to do. Byebye arcadian is an american hero etc.
make this a sticky, byebye!
Bowen
Burner

Postby Yeti DHer » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:30 pm

Edit: nevermind
www.norcalphoto.com

Official Photographer of the K50K
Yeti DHer
Kingpin

Postby Destroy » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:32 pm

aw man, i agree 100%. It was funny to a cirtin point but after a while the random bullshit (while still funny) got annoying.

*Ride dirt.
Destroy
495mtbcrew

Next

Return to The Graveyard