Sunday + 24"

Killing it in the streets and Styling in the parks...? This is the spot.

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Sunday + 24"

Postby erenes » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:38 am

double bikecheck :wink: ...somehow I trust the post title is attention whore style haha.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ N E W W A V E ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▀ Sunday 20.5 + Odsy Dirt 14mm + Wtp headset
▀ Solid lite stem + Sunday Triumph + Edwin/Sesason (Edwins're crap too soft=too weak I got big holes in them after 10 days)
▀ F: macneil 14mm R: 'unbranded' Magnalite 3 with driver on bushing, custom steel cones, machined FBM guards, 800grams JET SET metalic orange rims, cheaper shadow spokes. Rear cones are steel for strenght reason + custom to avoid frame/fork spreading with FBM's.
▀ just tried big tyres (I like it!) F: Odyssey K-lite Dirt 2.2 R: Animal GLH-R 2.1
▀ bent & twisted Powerbites + 10th pair of OdsyPC + 510hx + Odyssey vermon 25t.
▀ Fit post, Odsy Senior_1, S&M clamp. More comfortable than pivotal, like the look, almost as light as SL.
▀ Color scheme - who cares. Function is over the color. I like bright colors now, but the act of matching the colors to fit the whole bike annoys me.
▀ pegless for half a year but still with crooked FBM guards just for look. love them haha. Oh! Animal pegs I are cool. hard steel.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ C A P I T A L ' 0 9 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▀ NS Capital 09 (2.09kg=4.60pounds) + NS 09 Rns fork (light, low a-c, short rake) + Wtp headset with that ugly looking spacer (actually functional for mtb)
▀ Solid lite stem + NS District the wide bar 09 (3.5'x28' = 89mmx710mm) with big relaxed radius bends + Edwin/Sesason grips
▀ F: NS Rotaty hub 10mm bolt-on <200g R: 'unbranded' 3 pawls 10t LHD, Sun S-type mtx rims, DT swiss spokes.
▀ Holly Rollers 1.85 (waiting for KHE mac2 24')
▀ straight & new Powerbites + 9th pair of OdsyPC + 510hx + ?United 23t.
▀ Fit post, Odsy Senior_1, S&M clamp.

RIDE :twisted:
erenes
Burner

Re: Sunday + 24"

Postby louse » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:32 pm

hey man
missed your posts, always enjoyed them. saw this one on BG. congrats on the NS stuff. i'm into what their doing these days.
louse
Burner

Postby Taz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Hey! Long time no see. "The destroyer of frames" is back! Haha ;)

The title threw me for a loop cause I clicked on it from the scrolly thing on the front page.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
Taz
Site Admin

Postby Taz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:41 pm

what the hell happened to the chainring on the 20"?
Taz
Site Admin

Postby erenes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:36 am

what's with Odsy Sprocket? I heard crazy noises from the chain...so I changed the chain. Again noises same as with bad chainline and like edge on the chain fitting hardly on sprocket teeth. I changed the sprocket but my Powerbites are bend, so it was still not straight. Then I disovered a 'slack' in myrear hub. I cleaned the driver internals + pawls. Then few days later I understood - I notices looking for 10th time on this photo the sprocket is broken and the gap/slack is from the broken sprocket mount. I made the photo to show custom drilled bolt with smaller diameter head but I didnt noticed the sprocket is broken. I can of course use other 4 sprocket mounts positions. Finally the scary thing ... crazy noised ...came few day later.. one of the pawls cracked in half & mixed/melted itself inside the hub ... bad luck.
erenes
Burner

Postby Taz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:46 am

Damn!!! Cracked the pawl in the hub. What hub was it again?
Taz
Site Admin

Postby erenes » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:42 pm

generic 1.5 year old hub from Taiwan factory. Well used = I mean pawls were already well worn. Really simmilar to odyssey ones.
erenes
Burner

Postby fnc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:21 pm

Good to see you back.

Fantastic set of bikes.

Any new riding vids?
fnc
Burner

Postby Taz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 pm

You like those Primo powerbites don't you.
Taz
Site Admin

Return to Urban/Park/DJ