Winter Splinter 2008 for MTB, Feb. 24th, Factory Skate Park

Killing it in the streets and Styling in the parks...? This is the spot.

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Will you be attending?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Yes, riding
20%
Yes, spectating
20%
Nope.
60%

Total votes : 5

Winter Splinter 2008 for MTB, Feb. 24th, Factory Skate Park

Postby Baillie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Hey fellow Riders!

As you may have seen on Pinkbike.com, we are bringing back the Winter Splinter for 2008. It is a skate park competition specifically for mountain bike riders. That means some sick riding on 24 and 26" wheels only! It's going down at the Factory Skate Park in Newnan GA, about 30 minutes south of Atlanta.

If you want to come ride, there are 3 classes; amatuer, expert, and pro. There are great prizes for all classes (check out the sponsor list on the flier!).

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1759423/

Practice starts at 10 am on Sunday the 24th of February, and the comp starts at 12 noon. We expect the competition to be over before 5pm.

For those of you who just want to come see some sick riders, there will be many pros from across the country, along with some very talented local riders. The skate park will be charging $5 a head for spectators to re-coup the maintenance costs of keeping the park close to us only for the whole day.

Also for added entertainment, Red Bull is sending their girls over to hand out some great drinks, and we think the Newnan Hooters girls will come over the help hand out the prizes!

So come out, bring your friends and family, and have a great time with us. There will be BBQ, music, and bikes bikes bikes!

If you have any questions, please contact me at mbailli@emory.edu (please no junk mail). I am one of the organizers for the event, and just want to get everyone out to have fun.

Cheers - Mark
Baillie
Toy

Postby demo9 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:08 pm

wish i could go but im up in jerszy
what kinda mean person put a "S" in the word lisp?
demo9
All-City

Re: Winter Splinter 2008 for MTB, Feb. 24th, Factory Skate P

Postby Baillie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:15 pm

Don't forget about it! This thing is going to be HUGE!

This week I heard of many out of town riders that are making the trip to compete in pro class. Lets have all the locals come out and show our support.

Even if you aren't riding, it will be a blast.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1759423

Cheers - Mark
Baillie
Toy

Postby wrench » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 am

Who won the contest?
Welcome to BitchCor!
wrench
Burner

Re: Winter Splinter 2008 for MTB, Feb. 24th, Factory Skate P

Postby Baillie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 am

Adam Hauck won first in Pro, second was Andrew Bigelow (aka Beast) from Canada, followed in third by Dirty Nick from NC.

Expert winner was Ryan Reddy, second was by Chris on the Kona from NC (who won the Blk Mrkt Riot build kit!), and me in third (Mark Baillie).

For Amatuer, Ryan Fisher from Fl cleaned up, with Jon Jowers in second and Mark Duckworth in third place.

-Mark
Baillie
Toy

Return to Urban/Park/DJ