Freecoaster disc hub!!! what

Killing it in the streets and Styling in the parks...? This is the spot.

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Freecoaster disc hub!!! what

Postby CreeP » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:29 pm

http://www.grindstate.com/?l=463
KHE geisha now comes in fancy shmancy mtb versions!

speaking of which, what's NPJ up to these days?
"or it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in people it unlocks their death"

-caboose
CreeP
All-City

Postby demo9 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:59 am

where do they sell those?
what kinda mean person put a "S" in the word lisp?
demo9
All-City

Re: Freecoaster disc hub!!! what

Postby beebop » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 pm

i just rode this about 45 seconds ago... and its cool for the first 20 seconds then i realize i really like my engagement, but thats what you have to give up for a freecoaster... so yea im kind of on the fence about it
beebop
Bomber

Postby demo9 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:52 pm

beebop wrote:i just rode this about 45 seconds ago... and its cool for the first 20 seconds then i realize i really like my engagement, but thats what you have to give up for a freecoaster... so yea im kind of on the fence about it
where did u buy it? also most freecoasters have adjustable engagement... i think
what kinda mean person put a "S" in the word lisp?
demo9
All-City

Postby urban » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:41 pm

They're on ebay, i have one and its fun to ride it, but as beebop said, sometimes i just miss my cassete hub
urban
Burner

Postby Flying Squirrel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Here's a review of the hub from one of our riders from the Boonies. That image on Grindstate is his bike also, sweet ass shot shino =)

Review by Maya-Mo....not final/official review...he needs to adjust the hub...

"So heres my review of the MTB Geisha Ho Disc brake Freecoaster hub. Mind you that I have only rode the few times at the boons and like thrice on the Streets. So firstly I have to point out a few notes. I used to flatland freestyle in the eighties and riding fakie is not new to me. I never ventured into the freecoaster for whatever reason and didnt mind the reverse cranking and now like clockwork, I start pedaling backwards when I *180 (its just habitual). I did say recently that if they made one with disc brakes that I would jump aboard. Well here I am now and, though I dont swear the Freecoaster yet I have experienced the longest distances riding fakie then I ever have in my whole life. It hasnt been easy and picking out the area that you are riding backwards in should be wiseley chosen. Ya MoFo's are like get on with the hub old man right(I Know I hear ya). So heres my beef, though I am able to cover vast areas of space and time it feels like and must look like shit cause every '20 the gear engages, most of the time I am able to save it if I start cranking backwards before falling on my ass but when your caught off guard theres not much you can do but abort and try to keep the damage minimal(pedals, pedal studs and bar ends mostly oh yeah and your body), then be ready to repeat the process at any given second(Kinda nerveracking). I must say when your at speed and cruisin' backwards and the geisha girl is performing it sure has a nice flowy feel.So oldman why dont you adjust your slack and shit? The answer is that I will be getting to it soon I dont know if you all saw that cool everything you need to know about freecoasters and tuning them infoturial link. Anywho, I am not so tech savvy and that demonstration got me tight! I will need to put a day or two (which I dont gots @ the moment) aside for that mission. Its funny I remember a design from the eighties I think it was OEM on the Mongoose Decade Pro that had a little knob you could turn to make the slack adjustments or evn switch to fix gear the KHE hub is a lottle bit more complicated (yeah yeah oldman get on with the review). So I will probably need like a rotation and a half of slack(LOL). I wont give a final review till I properly adjust the slack. My other beef or maybe its just something I didnt put in the equation is the stresses you put on your bike riding backwards. My first long session was ended because the rear brake Rotor mount bolts had loosened and fell of till there was just one. I have since used some mild threadlock when I replaced the bolts. The other time I was out my left pedal fell off. I used a threadlock grease for the pedals. So I dont know what kind of review this is but Ill have you know this I am Hazed up at the moment sorry if I didnt get to the point and left yall hanging. I will try to ride more and get more feedback when I can..."

here's a vid guide to freecoasters.....
http://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/video/imag ... _1,00.html

I personally like them. Once setup right, you go so fast fakie.

Another rider with the bmx version mentioned its nice to have a quiet hub to sneak around security at certain spots. Regular hubs just announces that your there.

=)
http://sparetyme.com/ Under Construction
Flying Squirrel
Burner

Postby beebop » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:24 am

flying squiral no hate but im a little to buzzed to read all that... i was at Ride this in Oregon and i was playing on it... and it was pretty cool... if you could adjust the enagement it would be dope, if your not rideing street and park dont even worry about it
beebop
Bomber

Return to Urban/Park/DJ