Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Killing it in the streets and Styling in the parks...? This is the spot.

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Postby JPizzle » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:41 pm

My friend just told me today that he is going to get a Banshee Scratch. Please post some reasons within the next couple days for him not to get it, other than it being the ugliest bike in the world and weighing five-million pounds.

I still haven't mastered the art of posting pics but you can check it out at http://www.bansheebikes.com/pages/dirt.htm
JPizzle
Tagger

Re: Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Postby Peter » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:02 pm

...I had actually writen some rather rude things just now, but decided to refrase, haha.

If he's into mountainbike style crap, turnbars, hard cased jumps and thinking that's ever so gnarly, then tell him to get one.

If he isn't really too keen on that shit, and more into smooth stuff, tell him to get a product from another company that represent those values. Or the values he sees in riding.

Addition: It's probably an okay frame, and it'll ride okay, I'm sure. (If I had one personally, I'd ghost it a lot.)

I just read the geometry chart,.. what's the effing relevance of showing the headangle with a 7" fork on a frame like that?
Peter
NRJP

Postby goombah » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:08 pm

OMG CANADIANS ARE STUPID HUCKERS

It doesn't seem like a terrible bike, all around solid ride, i don't see why not?
goombah
Tagger

Postby WillC » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm

Doesent it take some funky rear hub?
WillC
Burner

Postby M.W. » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:05 pm

a) It doesn't have nearly enough gussets.
b) The tubing isn't bendy enough to really get rad.
c) I'm scared of "SICK NEW MOVEZZZZ"
d) It doesn't list geometry for an 8" fork. I require one for the skatepark.
e) I'm pretty sure it doesn't weigh nearly enough.
f) I would rather get a reasonable bike that doesn't embody like 80% of what's wrong with mountainbiking.
www.imfour.org <- ARS YOU!?
Peter says:
it was a really fun session/jam/gathering
Peter says:
even though I was the only one in bright clothes
Peter says: vinyl is the best thing since underpants
Peter says: My name isn't p-diddy grau-dub you ass
M.W.
NRJP

Postby Style » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:36 pm

hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha

mark is funny
Style
495mtbcrew

Postby mts » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:34 pm

Mark hit the nail on the head. I agree totally with f)
When you are great, people often mistake candor for arrogance.
mts
Bomber

Postby M.W. » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:01 am

"Its Shock Block seat stays are uniquely curved to provide optimal shock absorption for big landings."

Seriously, though. What the f**k?
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby ihatemybike » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:04 am

I think it's kinda ugly, has a rediculously high bottom bracket, and is on the heavy side.

Though a fellow CFR rider has one with dual 24s and he seems to do OK on it.
HB
Azonic Steelhead - No Gears, No Suspension
GT Chucker 3.0 - Cheapest Freeride Made
Gack Trail Mod 26" - In Limbo
Huffy Tantrum - Don't know why it hasn't broke
Haro Mirra 360 - 16" Honda 50 of bikes
ihatemybike
Burner

Postby Huck_Banzai » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:48 am

Its a goofus little frame.

Steel mountain bikes are silly!

AHHH!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Blah blah blah. . . . .
Huck_Banzai
All-City

Postby Xnate » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:25 pm

that things ugly
-roybus
1 l0v3 my b1k3
Xnate
Burner

Postby JPizzle » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:20 pm

Hey roybus! Today I tried to kill myself by slitting my wrist because you wouldn't give me a ride to Talent this Wednesday.
JPizzle
Tagger

Postby P3Rider » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:12 pm

that bike is pretty F'in ugly
here i sit broken hearted, tried to shit but only farted
P3Rider
Toy

Postby CreeP » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:06 pm

wow, you guys can be so lame.
it was never my thing either but i was never so judgmental.
"or it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in people it unlocks their death"

-caboose
CreeP
All-City

Postby bowhers » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:14 pm

My friend just told me they are getting a road bike. However, he is using it for the road.

What is your friend using this bike for? If you narrowed down his terrain and style a bit I am sure you could get more helpful answers.

However, in the mean time M.W. listed a enough reasons not to get one anyway. Plus it was funny as hell.
NL Bikes
bowhers
All-City

Postby M.W. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:43 am

CreeP wrote:wow, you guys can be so lame.

There's a difference between something being not my thing, and a gimmicky pile of stupid.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby CreeP » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:25 pm

It wasn't designed as a gimmicky pile of stupid. You just consider it one because you take yourself too seriously.

I could get more in depth, but I don't think it would get us anywhere. you've proven yourself to be so rediculously conservative when it comes to biking you'd probably never understand.

I won't deny i have my hangups but some of you guys go really overboard. I don't understand these strange attitudes you guys have, like; you all believe BMX is god, and for some reason you think you have to ride something that can be called a mountain bike by virtue of having 26" wheels and a suspension fork, but at the same time it has to be made in the exact same style as every damn bmx.

it's like you're afraid of a bastard but you refuse to go home, being perfectly happy having an affair, and now you're starting to look like her and pick up her bad habits.

I don't hate you guys for these attitudes, i just find them strange and destructive. There's piss all optimism from you guys and a lot of jizz fests over stuff that really isn't all that special. And bassboat paint? WTF!?!

ah, well, that's my rant for the day. If you behave there' won't be another till the new year :D
"or it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in people it unlocks their death"

-caboose
CreeP
All-City

Postby M.W. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:52 pm

CreeP wrote:It wasn't designed as a gimmicky pile of stupid. You just consider it one because you take yourself too seriously.

I could get more in depth, but I don't think it would get us anywhere. you've proven yourself to be so rediculously conservative when it comes to biking you'd probably never understand.

I won't deny i have my hangups but some of you guys go really overboard. I don't understand these strange attitudes you guys have, like; you all believe BMX is god, and for some reason you think you have to ride something that can be called a mountain bike by virtue of having 26" wheels and a suspension fork, but at the same time it has to be made in the exact same style as every damn bmx.

it's like you're afraid of a bastard but you refuse to go home, being perfectly happy having an affair, and now you're starting to look like her and pick up her bad habits.

I don't hate you guys for these attitudes, i just find them strange and destructive. There's piss all optimism from you guys and a lot of jizz fests over stuff that really isn't all that special. And bassboat paint? WTF!?!

ah, well, that's my rant for the day. If you behave there' won't be another till the new year :D

I currently ride a 24" wheeled, 1speed, rigid bike. Most people would claim that it isn't a Mountain Bike. I'd hardly disagree.

Curved toptubes = dumb. If you want more clearance, lower the tube.
SHOX STAYS = dumb. If anyone didn't realize this in the 90s when it was dumb on XC bikes, then I don't even know what to say.
Over Overbuilding (to steal a term from 99-ish Kona) = dumb. People can make bikes that are fairly light and reasonably designed that don't break. Making it all gnarly overbuilt just to make some douchebag feel good because his bike has a lot of gussets is stupid, and pointless.

I'm not conservative about bikes. I love new things that are GOOD IDEAS. Elementary Stem, disc brakes in applications where they actually are advantageous, etcetcetc. That's all stuff that is GOOD.

What I can't stand is when companies just steal a bunch of gimmicks that people used in the 90s, and recycle them as being the greatest idea for this new riding style when they're really just a bunch of crap that was proven to be pointless 8 years ago. I also can't f**king stand that mountainbikers are taking on BMX tricks and so on, but feel the need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to bikes. Doing a bunch of different shit, just for the sake of being different, is bad design. Just because something doesn't look flashy, doesn't mean it's not good. Most times, the simplest way is the best way.

I hardly take myself seriously at all. I just get offended when I see how this sport hasn't changed in f**king 12 years. It's still full of companies that are selling people bikes to make them feel better about themselves, instead of bikes that are the best bike possible. You don't f**king need shock absorbing stays on a street/park/dirt bike. They're going to make no f**king difference at all. It's just gimmickery that they use to make people want it, instead of just using the fact that the company and product are good.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby Xnate » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:24 pm

dude, we just want our buddies to have quality rides, just cause the frame sucks doesnt mean we're bad people...
1 l0v3 my b1k3
Xnate
Burner

Postby Peter » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:43 pm

Noone said that anyone are bad people.

And M.W. is my twinne of opinion.
Peter
NRJP

Postby Huck_Banzai » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:48 pm

I would love to disagree with MW, but...

oh daymn - he makes sense..

altho I think (know) the scene has changed TONS in the past 12 years.. (ok so I've only be 'down' with MTB for about 11, buuuuut...)

I also get CreeP's point...

But, like...

WHATEVA!
Blah blah blah. . . . .
Huck_Banzai
All-City

Postby antidis2000 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:20 pm

MW is my favorite
woosh
antidis2000
All-City

Postby antidis2000 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:21 pm

in fact i might just start up a fan club
woosh
antidis2000
All-City

Postby M.W. » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:45 am

Huck_Banzai wrote:altho I think (know) the scene has changed TONS in the past 12 years.. (ok so I've only be 'down' with MTB for about 11, buuuuut...)

Yeah, it has obviously changed a lot, the riding is different, the attitude is even somewhat different, and at some level people are starting to take control of their own sport, but in so many ways it's still riddled with the exact same shit as it was a decade ago.

I understand his point too, but to call me hyper conservative about bike design is simply not true. I love new ideas and concepts. I just hate superficial gimmickery and recycled junk.
Peter says:
Peter says:
M.W.
NRJP

Postby Huck_Banzai » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:48 am

CreeP wrote:wow, you guys can be so lame.

I am a mental judge.

You want curves - get an 84 SE Quadangle!

And Im spent!!
Blah blah blah. . . . .
Huck_Banzai
All-City

Next

Return to Urban/Park/DJ