putting a proper bolt into my steertube

Killing it in the streets and Styling in the parks...? This is the spot.

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Re: putting a proper bolt into my steertube

Postby Tapped » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:28 pm

Creep, I'm with you. And it's people like you that INNOVATE this industry. Keep working twords what you want, next thing we know, we will all be using your design.

I personally can't stand starnughts, and headlocks are overkill. Creep, you should contact some local companies and try to get your design made... start a company based around that part, then offer bars and a few other components.... ramble ramble.. blah blah...

Serioiusly though, I'm with ya!!
Tapped
Toy

Postby CreeP » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:51 am

:)

actually your suggestion isn't so terribly out of reach. Actually if you are interested in something like a 20mm through axle rigid with custom length and rake and this kind of headset adjustment PM me and we can start working out details next week. It might be pretty expensive though. I don't think a suspension fork is in the cards for the near future but the possibility is there.
"or it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in people it unlocks their death"

-caboose
CreeP
All-City

Postby wrench » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:55 am

I don't understand why you need to have such a large bolt to replace a star nut. With a bolt that large it is easy to put too much load on you're headset bearings, Thus limiting the life of you're headset. On a BMX bike I believe it their was one welded in to steer tube to strengthen it and to make it easier to run the front brake cable thru the fork. If you read the correct info on the torque specs of a star nut they are very low. This is only to pull the play out of you're headset and the there are only two reason you would pull one out of you're steer, one is not installed correct and two is when you over tighten it, like when you forget to loosen the stem steer clamp bolt.
wrench
Burner

Postby CreeP » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:33 am

ya, so?
"or it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in people it unlocks their death"

-caboose
CreeP
All-City

Postby wrench » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:47 am

Why? what is the point?
Welcome to BitchCor!
wrench
Burner

Postby joe » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:52 pm

not that i'm against innovation, but there are better ways to spend you time than on headset adjustment. listen to what destroy says, i havnt had to tighten my headset in years, just tighten it the first time and you wont have any problems.
joe
All-City

Postby wrench » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:14 pm

joe wrote:not that i'm against innovation, but there are better ways to spend you time than on headset adjustment. listen to what destroy says, i havnt had to tighten my headset in years, just tighten it the first time and you wont have any problems.
That was the main point i was making. What purpose does a stronger star nut have.
Welcome to BitchCor!
wrench
Burner

Re: putting a proper bolt into my steertube

Postby CreeP » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:34 pm

I don't like making new topics when there are already ones on the same topic.

so..... I just found out that specialized is doing this on their weird ass Enduro dc fork. i'll go dig up a pic if one exists.

-caboose
CreeP
All-City

Previous

Return to Urban/Park/DJ