The inaugural season of Freeride Catamount is quickly coming to a close and we wanted to thank everyone that has come out and ridden with us this year. We hope to come back even stronger next season with more trails, a skills park, and scheduled events. Please keep an eye on the Freeride Catamount section of the Catamount website http://www.catamountski.com/freeride-catamount.cfm throughout the year to stay informed and remember to join the Catamount Mailing List to get blast emails with information about things happening at the mountain. Also feel free to join the Freeride Catamount social network We are always looking for motivated people to help us improve the program. Enough said about that...
We are having a race on the final weekend of Freeride Catamount this season and we want all of you gravity junkies to come out and shred with us.
- Four competition classes: Under 16 intermediate, Under 16 advanced, 16 and over intermediate, 16 and over advanced
- Race will be held on single-track terrain and is top to bottom - Stock Market to Cat Track to base
- Prizes for top 3 finishers in each class generously provided by Berkshire Bike and Board in Great Barrington, MA and Catamount Ski Area
- Entry for the race is free but you must purchase a day lift ticket to participate ($25) - so come out and ride the whole day with us and then race
- Freeriding will not be suspended during the race so you can check out the trail system on non race-designated trails
IMPORTANT RACE DAY INFO:
- All racers must attend a pre-race orientation/safety meeting at the Taconic Lodge (green bubble building) before they will be allowed to compete. This will happen at 9:00 AM on race day so make sure you get to Catamount early. There will be no exceptions made.
- Every competitor must ride/inspect the race course before they will be allowed to race. Once again, there will be no exceptions.
- Racing will start at 11:00 AM at the Ridge Run entrance to Stock Market - under 16 first, then 16 and over
- Advanced classes will start at 1:00 PM - under 16 first, then 16 and over
- Racers will be sent in the order they arrive at the starting line for their respective competition class
- Each racer will be on course by themselves for safety. No racer will be allowed to start until the previous racer has crossed the finish line, voluntarily scrubbed, or officially disqualified
- Each racer will be allowed one (1) re-run in the event of a mechanical equipment failure (flat tire, etc.) subject to the discretion of Freeride Catamount staff
- Spotters and safety personnel will be in place along the entire race course. Racers leaving the designated race course will be disqualified - In the event of rain and/or unsafe trail conditions, the race will be held on Sunday, October 19th
Due to limitations of time on race day, we can only guarantee race slots for the first 40 riders. To pre-register for the race, please send an email to JamesClark231@freeridecatamount.ning.com with your name, age, and skill level. You will receive a confirmation email if you are within the guaranteed 40. However, people may scratch or not show up on race day so please come out anyway with the intent to compete even if you are not amongst the guaranteed 40. We are going to try and accommodate as many people as we can.
We encourage everyone to come out and ride this coming weekend (Saturday, October 11th) to orient yourself to the trails that we will be using for the race, to practice, and to just shred with us and have fun.
We hope to see you all out there for riding and racing. If you have any questions, please send a message to James, Owen, Jake, or Ed and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
While you are here, join the network too!
The Freeride Catamount Team
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
NorthEast specific chat
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Support our heros who have sacrificed for our nation