Sorry Brady but is this any way to run a series

NorthEast specific chat

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Sorry Brady but is this any way to run a series

Postby ViciousDHer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 pm

that a lot of racers have invested in ???

NEW EGYPT, New Jersey (derailedonline.com) - Domain name issues has cause the website for the Gravity East Series to be offline for approximately one week. The organizers of the Gravity East Series are aware of the problem and working the issue as fast as possible. Until service is restored information involving the Gravity East Series can be obtained here on Derailed.

http://www.derailedonline.com/archives/000316.html
Banned from RideMonkey
ViciousDHer
All-City

Postby ViciousDHer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:20 pm

then..

NEW EGYPT, New Jersey (derailedonline.com) - Due to some unforeseen technical difficulties (hard drive crash in my laptop), the points for the Gravity East Series will be delayed till after Attitash. We are sincerely sorry for the delay but it is a situation that unfortunately cannot be rectified while I am on vacation - data backups for everything reside at my home which I will return to next week.

I will be getting points updated as soon as I return home to where I can access my data backups for my laptop.

http://www.derailedonline.com/archives/000322.html
Banned from RideMonkey
ViciousDHer
All-City

Postby spinteck » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:34 am

how many shares of the gravity east series did you buy??? r u ready to cash them in and retire:)

Cut Brady some slack, he does it b/c he loves it. we're running out of good race promoters. AS long as the scores are accurate, that's what really matters.

when brady buys a porsch w/the race proceeds and continues to blame his laptop, then we'll go to NC and give him some shit.
Be Kind,
Be True,
Be Fearless
and
RIDE!
spinteck
All-City

Re: Sorry Brady but is this any way to run a series

Postby olddogbmxer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Please remember that everyone involved in running the GES series is doing it because they love the sport and are giving their time and money out of their own pockets to do so.Domain issue came about because it needed to be reset with passwords and information used by the original people who set it up and were difficult to contact and then didn't have the info.Regarding the points Brady's hard drive crashed while he was out of town working on updating the points and he can't do anything until he gets home this weekend and gets to his backup.He will have the points updated next week.
olddogbmxer
Bomber

Postby ViciousDHer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:41 pm

I do realize that those involved are donating their time and I do thank those guys for stepping up to the plate where others, myself included did not. However the lack of consistent updates to the point standings and a place to find them between races has been a subject I keep hearing about and those racers are not pleased. I am not bothered by this as I was unable to race many of the series races this summer but if I was I too would be frustrated. If this series is to become "THE" series in the east(which I believe it can) then a paid promoter should be brought in to run things.
Banned from RideMonkey
ViciousDHer
All-City

Postby woof » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:06 pm

I'll gladly hand over gravityeast.com for 1 million dollars.
My elbow hurts.....
woof
Burner

Postby spinteck » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:18 pm

just change the freakin' name.
these are available. I've never even been on gravityeast.com, so I don't see what the big deal is in changing it if that is a major issue.

gravityatlantic.com
eastcoastdh.com
Be Kind,
Be True,
Be Fearless
and
RIDE!
spinteck
All-City

Postby olddogbmxer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Up thru the Plattekill race the point standings were up to date and available on the website and were posted at the events.Problems started after the Sugarbush race and I expect that Brady will get it back on track and updated this week - but the criticism is justified - doing the best we can.
If a paid promoter wanted to run the series - great ,but remember they are in business to make $$ and I just don't see it happening with DH as the main problem is the racing is run by independent venues that are profit centered businesses(in competition with each other in many cases)and not a sanctioning body like many of the other cycling sports.
olddogbmxer
Bomber

Postby Taz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:42 pm

ViciousDHer wrote:However the lack of consistent updates to the point standings and a place to find them between races has been a subject I keep hearing about and those racers are not pleased. I am not bothered by this as I was unable to race many of the series races this summer but if I was I too would be frustrated. If this series is to become "THE" series in the east(which I believe it can) then a paid promoter should be brought in to run things.

I take some offense to this as I have put great effort into updating the points as fast as possible; however, there has been problems that were totally out of my hands and I had no influence on their course. Those problems set in motion a delay. And a hard drive crash is something I cannot plan for or predict - especially when I am on vacation. I am now back home and the points will be updated throughout this week as I can get each race entered into the ledger.

Again, don't forgot this is volunteer work. We - Dieter and myself - all have other circumstances that will take precedence over the race series. I myself have other problems with loosing my hard drive that greatly outweigh this race series that I MUST contend with first before any work can be done on the GES - fact of life the bills must be paid first.

spinteck wrote:just change the freakin' name.
these are available. I've never even been on gravityeast.com, so I don't see what the big deal is in changing it if that is a major issue.

Easier said than done when you have so much money tied up in printing of items that have the domain name on it. I am working hard to try and figure out how to get control over the domain name so I can fix this situation.

For all that is reading this. Information will continue to be posted on Derailed as it has been in the past during this interim when the main website is down.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
Taz
Site Admin

Postby deadatbirth » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:50 pm

i dont get it...didnt you guys have that site name already taken?
i dont hate you. i hate everyone
deadatbirth
All-City

Postby Taz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:32 pm

deadatbirth wrote:i dont get it...didnt you guys have that site name already taken?

Yes it is registred, but the person that registered it doesn't have any of the data to access the account where I can change the DNS information. The current hosting service had expired cause the other person was supposedly still paying it - well he didn't. Instead of paying money out of the budget I want to move the hosting of the site over to my company, hence free hosting.
Taz
Site Admin

Postby spinteck » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:58 pm

So the simple fix is you shouldn't get to take vacation- at least not during the season;)
Be Kind,
Be True,
Be Fearless
and
RIDE!
spinteck
All-City

Postby Taz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:05 pm

spinteck wrote:So the simple fix is you shouldn't get to take vacation- at least not during the season;)

:P
Taz
Site Admin

Postby Mad_Murdock » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:19 pm

You're MESSIN with ma sense of entitlemant MAAAAAAAANNN!

;)
Mad_Murdock
Bomber

Postby Taz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:31 am

Taz
Site Admin

Postby NE_MTB_Report » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:46 am

I am a paid promoter, with many years of experience and have spoke with Dieter at Sugarbush. However if you paid a consultant like DHD Promotions we could truly help. And have some consistency, and I think Dieter and I have some ideas to improve the series, it was offered to me when it fell apart in mid 2007 when Dieter (and everyone should thank you) stepped up and took over.

Because when Kelli Lusk (USAC) approached me in the middle of the season last year to take the series and fix it, then I saw the disorganized situation and points matrix, which was all emailed to me to review, I simply said too late to repair and I could not spend my valuable time gratis to fix it. And I still felt it was too late to fix, and the series began to fail.

Now I have planned a Gravity Summit at the Final GES October 11th to discuss the series as well as many more issues facing DH racing in America, so that I can gather data to present to Colorado and meet with the Executives at USAC to discuss our sport (perhaps they still do not understand it.) either way I will be charging my way to hopefully make rule changes that make sense, reduce complications, bring more World Cup Qualifying events to the US and much more that will hopefully gain us respect, support for a sport that draws thousands in Europe.

Brady been in your position but to run, operate and maintain a series you need a perfect scoring System/Matrix you also need to have a coalition of persons working together who can also have the data available. derailed.com is a short blog on the series not a site dedicated to the series with points and all.

In addition all venues should be paying a small fee to be a part of a WELL ORGANIZED series. There should be a rule/guide book to support and help venues and promoters follow the same matrix of classes and categories. otherwise this just gets loose and crazy.

Again I do not know all the facts, but I may have much of the solution to a majority of the issues surrounding the series which is a small part of my work (yes I require pay, that is why I own a business to work in this industry) however my advocacy work in this sport I believe is unquestioned and hope that others will see the changes I have created over the years. Much of those changes many are not aware of and sometimes that is the way it should be...seamless to riders so they can focus on racing and promoters can promote and venues can succeed.

Everyone must help if they can and others with more responsibility should be compensated for there hard work (Brady, Dieter) and some venues whom have welcomed racing, as well as a large series.

This is not the first time this was tried and it worked great when we had sponsorship dollars, many of the older riders will remember the Trail 66 Series we worked very hard and made money (which is not a bad thing) and we ran that series till the money dried up.

Then I suggested Sunday Rivers Bomb Series, tried to work with West Mountain at one point (owner was inconsistent) then just started and ran my own series the Ragged Rush and then 10E (Tenney Series) at the same time organizing and running the XC series now the Root 66. That series runs great with good sponsorship little controversy and all promoters working off the guide book I helped pen.

So there are answers and solutions and until we are supported financially there is only so much Dieter, Brady, Laszlo, Greg, myself, Mark and others can do, note I am not using last names.

Point is this can be fixed and better run, and has been mentioned here already, pay for an event organizer who can pay his bills and spend all the time required to hammer out a well run regional series.

If we can do that USAC will begin to change as well and more can come our way, we are not an ugly step child in cycling because we are the most exciting part of cycling events, it should be televised, reported and supported by great corporations like they do in Europe.

I could say more and those who know me, know I could talk forever. But it is time to work!

Just my thoughts like them or hate them just my perspective. TODAY (this means my perspective could be altered.
Dan Mcdonald-GES Director
http://www.gravityeastseries.com
DHD Promotions
http://www.dhdracesite.com
NE_MTB_Report
Toy

Postby tonypaj » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:46 am

I love it.

This site is the best. You have the same six jerk offs blasting off all their negative crap. Don't you think Brady wants the series to run as smoothly as possible viciousdher. Viciousdher here is a guy from all my accounts the first one to complain but has he ever put up her time and money for a event/race. I doubt it. He is most likely to complain that he didn't get his free tube for his 5th place finish in beg. class.

I love that viciousdher thinks that Brady and all the promoters are getting rich off these events. This idiot doesn't have a clue on the time it takes to run one event, and then a series.

Listen, all my years riding and racing xc/dh and riding moto. Dhers are still the biggest cry babies period.

Love ya viciousdher waiting to hear from you.
tonypaj
Burner

Postby boogenman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:56 am

tonypaj wrote:I love it.

You have the same six jerk offs blasting off all their negative crap.

Listen, all my years riding and racing xc/dh and riding moto. Dhers are still the biggest cry babies period.

Love ya viciousdher waiting to hear from you.

1. You are a jerk off.

2. Yes DH riders are cry babies. haha, like little bitches.

3. Vicious is away for the weekend riding his funny looking bike with some jerk offs from LI
Ride a road bike 26" wheels are for gays
boogenman
Kingpin

Postby Taz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:05 am

Taz
Site Admin

Return to Northeast