Creek Pics (Just a few)

NorthEast specific chat

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Creek Pics (Just a few)

Postby dtufino » Sat May 12, 2007 8:14 pm

Awesome day i did have, i was only able to take a few shots, nothing Spectacular, but first let me say that all the trails and i mean all the trails were all reworked, revamped and well maintained. All we need now is Rain to pack down the dirt and we're set.

The New Trail is Ill! i hit it like 5 times today the first two drops are great, the berms are bananas, and it's a really really fast trail.....

Ever Lift was Full!

Pavlo

A few Down Sides....

1. At the end of Crap Chute they put some Stairs Logs things at the Chute, when you bunny hop onto the tranny you first see the steps and "oh Shit" it's a really really really really rough ride...(but fun)

2. Funniest shit ever... I'm driving up the 515 on my way to Diablo, and they pull me over, i was like "oh shit i thought i was speeding", the lady asks me, do you know why i pulled you over, i said, of course, "No".... she says the bike is blocking your Plates and that's a non moving Violation, so i ask, am i gonna get a ticket for that, she said yes... lol

for real look at this pic... does it look like my plates are blocked.. and there is the ticket... i'm keeping and putting it up on the "wall of Shame"... WTF...

Beware Bikers with hitches installed, the Po-Po is lurking!

anyways, see you there next weekend, i promise to have more pics!
dtufino
All-City

Postby demo9 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:54 pm

fight it. u have pics proving its not blocked.
what kinda mean person put a "S" in the word lisp?
demo9
All-City

Postby dtufino » Sat May 12, 2007 9:07 pm

demo9 wrote:fight it. u have pics proving its not blocked.

Dude, i would fight it, but.. i live in NYC, that would mean i have to lose a days work, and head out to Vernon NJ to fight a ticket, it'll be more costly to me, so i'll suck it up and pay it.

i think the Officer had in mind that i will not fight it because i had NYC Plates and she knew that i will not travel to Vernon During the week to fight the ticket..

tolls/gas/work day = not worth fighting!
dtufino
All-City

Re: Creek Pics (Just a few)

Postby downhillmike » Sun May 13, 2007 6:29 am

My guess is that the cop doesn't ride. I was hoping you'd say you got pulled over to get a compliment on your bike?

I was worried about my bikes blocking my lights. Last year we never got a ticket driving from Lake Placid to Vegas and back.

Your plates are more visible than your parking/brake lights.

Downhill Mike
www.downhillmike.com
Size does matter!
Whiteface Mountain Bike Park
www.downhillmike.com
Size does matter!
downhillmike
All-City

Postby tbiker615 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:06 pm

You idiots that went to creek instead of Plattekill missed out on some epic riding. Are you people scared of steep stuff?
Timmay, Timmay, Live It Loud, Timmay!!!
tbiker615
All-City

Postby dtufino » Sun May 13, 2007 8:01 pm

tbiker615 wrote:You idiots that went to creek instead of Plattekill missed out on some epic riding. Are you people scared of steep stuff?

Here we go with the Platty Vs. Diablo bullsh!t....
dtufino
All-City

Postby Quiksilver » Sun May 13, 2007 9:42 pm

Dude, stay out of this thread if you just want to talk crap... Some of us enjoyed a great day of riding at Diablo on saturday, and a great day of racing at plattekill today... so keep your comments to yourself!

Great pics Dave, sorry to hear about that ticket! That is crazy that they actually wrote you a summons... When I used to use trunk racks, my license plate was NEVER visible... thats total BS... They could make a killing by pulling over anyone on their way to Diablo with rear mounted bikes...

yar

again nice pics, and glad to hear you enjoyed all the trail work!
I see the snorkel in your face
Quiksilver
All-City

Postby OTTO » Mon May 14, 2007 1:03 pm

dtufino wrote:
demo9 wrote:fight it. u have pics proving its not blocked.

Dude, i would fight it, but.. i live in NYC, that would mean i have to lose a days work, and head out to Vernon NJ to fight a ticket, it'll be more costly to me, so i'll suck it up and pay it.

i think the Officer had in mind that i will not fight it because i had NYC Plates and she knew that i will not travel to Vernon During the week to fight the ticket..

tolls/gas/work day = not worth fighting!

Diablo was nice but the dust sucked big time. I didn’t expect a dust bowl in the beginning of the season after some recent rain.
I would still fight the ticket. Its not about the money, its about principle. It almost seems like harassment. Unless you got pulled over for speeding or something similar and the officer was being cool by giving you a non-moving violation to be nice instead of a points. I have been pulled over for speeding and given tickets for things like obstruction of vision because I had my security pass hanging from my mirror.
OTTO
Burner

Postby tbiker615 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:55 pm

First of all, I was just messing around, with my above comment. It would just be cool if more people would give Plattekill a chance. Turnout in both Virginia and Diablo were huge, this past weekend. Plattekill's was so-so. It does prove that there are still a lot of DH freeriders and racers on the east coast. I just try to promote Plattekill so much because they always seem to be the underdog.
Timmay, Timmay, Live It Loud, Timmay!!!
tbiker615
All-City

Re: Creek Pics (Just a few)

Postby The Knot » Mon May 14, 2007 5:38 pm

I'am still all fired up from sat what a blast
4:20 freerider for life
The Knot
Burner

Postby Quiksilver » Mon May 14, 2007 7:34 pm

usually sarcasm or kidding around is imposible to detect on the internet... So next time if you're trying to be funny, make it seem like you're trying to be funny.

hollar...
Quiksilver
All-City

Postby dtufino » Mon May 14, 2007 7:54 pm

Quiksilver wrote:usually sarcasm or kidding around is imposible to detect on the internet... So next time if you're trying to be funny, make it seem like you're trying to be funny.

hollar...

Hey, due, getting off topic here...

What do you think about the Boxxer Team? i plan on picking one up and need to get someone who rides their bike hard, and get his opinion.....

Right now i have a 2005 888VF... with a leaky seal which is the 3rd leaky seal i had in 2 years..... tired of that shit!
dtufino
All-City

Postby Quiksilver » Tue May 15, 2007 12:53 am

uhh hi ride boxxer teams all the time, beat the shit out of them, dont maintain them, and they rock....

however, I think this one needs some love... however overall, excellent forks!
Quiksilver
All-City

Return to Northeast