diablos most dangerous trail

NorthEast specific chat

Moderators: Taz, Fool

most dangerous trail?

Stigmata <><>
13
27%
Ripper <><>
7
15%
Alpine <>
1
2%
Exodus <><>
1
2%
Slayer <>
2
4%
Doms Denial <><>
2
4%
Road to Nowhere <><>
3
6%
Chute De Satchum <><>
4
8%
Phantom drop <> actually [ ]
0
No votes
Dominion <><>
1
2%
BMW <><>
13
27%
"unsafe skinnys" <>
1
2%
 
Total votes : 48

diablos most dangerous trail

Postby demo9 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:01 pm

based on difficulty, history(wrecks/falls), speed, steepness, and whatever else u can come up with.

<> is a black diamond.(yes i have no life)
what kinda mean person put a "S" in the word lisp?
User avatar
demo9
All-City
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: dirty jerzey

Re: diablos most dangerous trail

Postby Jase » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:42 pm

The one that comes to mind is Stigmata!
User avatar
Jase
Burner
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 11:00 pm

Postby spylab » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:03 pm

Please enlighten me what/where Stigmata is.

Taking a guess, it's the wide ladder bridge that lips up to a 60 or more degree rock slab, with a small ladder bridge transition at the bottom?

And for the record, I have heard of more people busting ass and breaking parts on Deliverence that on many other trails...
Mike Salkewicz | 2007 Giant Reign 0
User avatar
spylab
Bomber
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Hopatcong NJ

Postby Huck_Banzai » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:14 pm

Stigmate is a steep chute - that (when first opened) had a tricky approach.

I would call it a feature less than a trail (same with Satchum.) and it has claimed its share of riders.

I think BMW is the all out winner. Its just a tough trail even if you have great skills - a reall beating with plenty of opportunities to fall and mash yourself up.

Ripper is my favorite trail and is like a smaller BMW with plenty of roughity tech.. And you get to finish the beating with a slippy log ride. AWESOME last day of season to do my on efull run and ride that log with the creek RUSHING under it -- a fall would have resulted in extreme wetness and displeasure (and if awkward enough, might even drown!!!!!)

Slayer in turn is the Ripper/BMW lite trail. Baby-sweet...

YAY!
Blah blah blah. . . . .
User avatar
Huck_Banzai
All-City
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:00 pm

Postby Plug2561 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:23 pm

You cant for get about the drops though. The landing on road to nowhere could be tricky depending on where you hit the landing. Doms Denial Is just big fast and u need to watch out for incoming riders. PLus you get the breaking bumps right after the landing with up the possiblity for a good wreck.
<("<)(>")><(")><("<)(>")><(")><("<)(>")><(")>
User avatar
Plug2561
Burner
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:00 pm

Postby demo9 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:37 pm

does anybody know why so many people fall on chute de satchum? i seen more people f**k themsselves up there then anywhere else. [except stigmata]
what kinda mean person put a "S" in the word lisp?
User avatar
demo9
All-City
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: dirty jerzey

Postby Huck_Banzai » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:45 am

people fall on chute de satchum for 2 main reasons.

#1 dry or wet - it is slippy! When its very dry is the worst, the dusty dirt settles on the wood and whammo.

#2 the entrance; for some reason, despite 8" travel suspension, most people I see try to ride AROUND the little 2-3" babyhead at the entrance so they come in from the left then have to turn a bit around the tree on the aformentioned slippyness; if you' re rolling with heat its an invitation to some soil sampling. Simply going straight in oer that terrifying boulder of doom would reduce the instances by 10x easy.

You need to pick a straight line through the entrance and top plank if you have any kind of speed at all.
Blah blah blah. . . . .
User avatar
Huck_Banzai
All-City
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:00 pm

Postby Huck_Banzai » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:47 am

Plug2561 wrote:You cant for get about the drops though. The landing on road to nowhere could be tricky depending on where you hit the landing. Doms Denial Is just big fast and u need to watch out for incoming riders. PLus you get the breaking bumps right after the landing with up the possiblity for a good wreck.


Ive seen a few trees get eaten when someone came off to one or another side and carried a straight line out.

Doms is kooky that way; but just launch through the berm and the bumps wont matter unless you grab some.
Blah blah blah. . . . .
User avatar
Huck_Banzai
All-City
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:00 pm

Postby spylab » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Huck-

I guess what I am asking is, what trail is it off of or where on the mountain is it buried?
Mike Salkewicz | 2007 Giant Reign 0
User avatar
spylab
Bomber
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Hopatcong NJ

Postby stangGT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:12 pm

squash the baby head! hahaha. I like the fact that shute da satchum is slippery. If your gonna fall, dont do it, simple as that.
who you callin crazy?!
you wouldn't know what crazy is if Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch!


www.spinteck.com
www.jerseyrice.com
www.anti-rice.com
www.pct.edu
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... cubus1275&
User avatar
stangGT
Burner
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Pennsylvania College of Technology

Postby Huck_Banzai » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:22 pm

spylab wrote:Huck-

I guess what I am asking is, what trail is it off of or where on the mountain is it buried?


I suck at directions - I am familiar with alot of features but not sure exactly how to get to them. (I am Uber-ADD if my posts dont reveal that)

I believe it is in the vicinity of Road-To-Nowhere - as in turn off a little sooner; Im sure someone knows the route. One of my goals for this year is to learn the trails, makes rippin easy when you have a clue whats coming up.

I will also be a Diablo whore and get tons of riding in!!!
Blah blah blah. . . . .
User avatar
Huck_Banzai
All-City
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:00 pm

Postby peopleschamp2146 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:08 pm

Huck_Banzai wrote:
spylab wrote:Huck-

I guess what I am asking is, what trail is it off of or where on the mountain is it buried?


I suck at directions - I am familiar with alot of features but not sure exactly how to get to them. (I am Uber-ADD if my posts dont reveal that)

I believe it is in the vicinity of Road-To-Nowhere - as in turn off a little sooner; Im sure someone knows the route. One of my goals for this year is to learn the trails, makes rippin easy when you have a clue whats coming up.

I will also be a Diablo whore and get tons of riding in!!!



its real simple to get to stigmata. as soon as you get off the lift walk about 20 feet and you will see a trail off to your left. that trail is BMW. as you get deep into bmw it spilts right or left. if you go left that takes you to the 2006 US OPEN rock garden. if you go right you will hit stigmata. it is very close to that split so watch for it. once you are done it just follow the trail out and you end up on a fire road just below alpine, and the natural wall ride is on your right.
2007 COMMENCAL DH SUPREME
User avatar
peopleschamp2146
Burner
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: clifton nj

Re: diablos most dangerous trail

Postby dtufino » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:10 pm

I'm Surprise The Jack is not even up there!

Last season i went to Diablo about 27 times...

i hot every trail, busted my ass really bad @ Stigmata, and BMW, but i did not find them as hard as The Jack....

The Jack is Super Rocky, Bumpy, Sketchy trail.... Almost Dies there several times....

Ripper is Ill also, and don't forget Deliverance, it took me about 25 runs down that trail to hit it right.....

Diablo is Fun!

cannot wait until it opens up again!
User avatar
dtufino
All-City
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: diablos most dangerous trail

Postby dtufino » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:11 pm

Crazy Run is The Jack to Ripper etc...! crazy, know how many timers i fell off the Log in Ripper?... lol
User avatar
dtufino
All-City
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: diablos most dangerous trail

Postby demo9 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:54 pm

dtufino wrote:I'm Surprise The Jack is not even up there!

Last season i went to Diablo about 27 times...

i hot every trail, busted my ass really bad @ Stigmata, and BMW, but i did not find them as hard as The Jack....

The Jack is Super Rocky, Bumpy, Sketchy trail.... Almost Dies there several times....

Ripper is Ill also, and don't forget Deliverance, it took me about 25 runs down that trail to hit it right.....

Diablo is Fun!

cannot wait until it opens up again!


Jack lost his nuts to snowboarding season. R.I.P. the sweet drop A frame drop.
what kinda mean person put a "S" in the word lisp?
User avatar
demo9
All-City
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: dirty jerzey

Re: diablos most dangerous trail

Postby transitionfreeride » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:47 pm

Most dangeroso area at MC is definitly all the intersections by Doms den.
bring back the dirtbag forum
User avatar
transitionfreeride
Burner
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:00 pm

Postby peopleschamp2146 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:48 pm

vernonrider90 wrote:diablo is on


can we please stay on topic sean. everbody knows already or just doesn t care.
2007 COMMENCAL DH SUPREME
User avatar
peopleschamp2146
Burner
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: clifton nj

Postby vernonrider90 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:21 pm

jay you like being bad ass wiht the keyboard dont cha
banned from diablow
User avatar
vernonrider90
All-City
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Vernon

Postby demo9 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:24 pm

vernonrider90 wrote:jay you like being bad ass wiht the keyboard dont cha



but he is right... most people here really dont like diablo.(i am not one of them)

NOW LETS NOT GET THIS STARTED AGAIN.
what kinda mean person put a "S" in the word lisp?
User avatar
demo9
All-City
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: dirty jerzey

Postby Pain » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:17 pm

shut da f**k up
User avatar
Pain
Burner
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stanhope New jersey

Postby rossp » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:58 pm

peopleschamp2146 wrote:
vernonrider90 wrote:diablo is on ride monkey


can we please stay on topic sean. everbody knows already or just doesn t care.


back on topic - the only trail that has really pwned me a couple of times (i've hit most (not all) of the drops so far without any crashes) is I think waterboy - to the left after lower dominion? the wet / slick spots have got me a couple of times.

that and coming over the snow-making pipes on the same trail - ouch, that hurt.
User avatar
rossp
Toy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:00 pm

Postby peopleschamp2146 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:17 pm

rossp wrote:back on topic - the only trail that has really pwned me a couple of times (i've hit most (not all) of the drops so far without any crashes) is I think waterboy - to the left after lower dominion? the wet / slick spots have got me a couple of times.

that and coming over the snow-making pipes on the same trail - ouch, that hurt.


i am alittle cunfused. waterboy is now where near dominion.

those pipes can get you when wet.

i am surprised no one said alpine. i can remember at least 2 people that broke their wrist and countless peoples sliding down the walls in the moring when they are covered in alittle dew.
2007 COMMENCAL DH SUPREME
User avatar
peopleschamp2146
Burner
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: clifton nj

Postby dtufino » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:22 pm

peopleschamp2146 wrote:
rossp wrote:back on topic - the only trail that has really pwned me a couple of times (i've hit most (not all) of the drops so far without any crashes) is I think waterboy - to the left after lower dominion? the wet / slick spots have got me a couple of times.

that and coming over the snow-making pipes on the same trail - ouch, that hurt.


i am alittle cunfused. waterboy is now where near dominion.

those pipes can get you when wet.

i am surprised no one said alpine. i can remember at least 2 people that broke their wrist and countless peoples sliding down the walls in the moring when they are covered in alittle dew.


that's not water boy he's talking about, he talking about Deliverance...

i almost broke my wrist with the wet pipes, even after warning people to watch out for them... lol
User avatar
dtufino
All-City
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: diablos most dangerous trail

Postby Nano5467 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:27 pm

ye i was one of those ppl that broke there wrists on alpine :( wasnt too fun, but anyways i think the hardest trail is BMW, so many unavoidable hard rock features.

I also had a near wrek experience on chute de satchum, i thought it would be cool to jump from the wood part to the landing, it was cool but i literally landed on the edge of the landing and almost coompletely wrecked
Always Ride hard. At least until you explode!
User avatar
Nano5467
Toy
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: diablos most dangerous trail

Postby ROB_BMW » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:04 pm

The most dangerous trail at Diablo is that curvy road ,94 south. All the buck-toothed locals drive like some tweakers around there.

Image
User avatar
ROB_BMW
Burner
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:00 am

Next

Return to Northeast

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron