Sergio's Fund

NorthEast specific chat

Moderators: Taz, Fool

Sergio's Fund

Postby Shawn_TerraLogic » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:30 pm

I just wanted to increase awareness about the fund for Sergio. I was just made aware of it this weekend and will be making a contribution on behalf of the crew at Diablo. If there is anything else we can do to help, please make suggestions.... we are all ears.

Sergio. We miss you buddy!

Shawn and the Diablo Crew
http://sergiosfund.org/

Please help create awareness by passing this URL to other sites.
Shawn_TerraLogic

Re: Sergio's Fund

Postby Cadillac_Kid » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:30 pm

Jesus, ...

Sergio Acevedo has always been that person who loved to be “one with nature”. Surfing during the summer, mountain biking during the fall, snowboarding during the winter, Sergio has always enjoyed a variety of sports. On November 5th, 2005, Sergio’s life changed drastically. While enjoying the last run of the season, Sergio decided to bike down the mountain one last time and try to get home in time to celebrate his niece’s 2nd birthday. As he was coming down the mountain, the front wheel of his bike hit a large rock forcing him over the handle bars and projecting him head first into a tree. Never losing consciousness, Sergio realized that he was unable to move. Screaming for help a rescue team was sent up the mountain where they had to radio a helicopter to air lift him to the nearest trauma center in Cooperstown, New York.

I'm in for $100.

...and just remember - let's all be careful out there on the trail/race course/ where ever...
Cadillac_Kid
Burner

Postby pterodactyl » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:47 am

There's a thread about this titled "injury" under the Plattekill page. Now that we finally know what's going on what do we want to do about it?

I know I will be sending money to help, but what about a fund-raiser race where we can raise awareness and some significant money.
Delta House Racing, and I'm pretty fvcking far from gay

Listen to Starkweather
pterodactyl
Burner

Postby Andyman » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:24 am

Have there been any improvements with movement/condition??? Maybe the races (domination, platte etc) can have an optional $20 donation added onto race fee for the rest of this season??
we must each row with the oars we have
Andyman
Burner

Postby Bizzaro » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:27 am

Andyman wrote:Have there been any improvements with movement/condition??? Maybe the races (domination, platte etc) can have an optional $20 donation added onto race fee for the rest of this season??

I think that is a great idea, I would absolutely chip in $20 per race. But I do think that it should be optional.
Bizzaro
Tagger

Postby Fool » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:09 pm

Thanks for the info Shawn.

I posted on the homepage and passed it on to a few other sites.
Don't worry, be happy.
Fool
Janitor

Postby Shawn_TerraLogic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:11 pm

Update:
I've been in touch with Sergio's sister and would like to coordinate a tshirt fundraiser. Ie: "Ride for Sergio" with the web address to his fundraising website. Diablo Freeride Park will front the cost of tshirt production and ALL profits will go to the fundraiser. We are still working on some ideas with potentially a "Ride for Sergio" day at Diablo with prizes, group rides, etc to help create awareness. Any thoughts?
Shawn_TerraLogic

Postby Pauly » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:17 pm

Have a place on the race/ride form to donate to the Sergio fund so you can total it with your race registration. This way people who dont have much cash could contribute smaller amounts through the year.
Pauly
Burner

Postby FRbullit22 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:03 am

Shawn_TerraLogic wrote:Update:
I've been in touch with Sergio's sister and would like to coordinate a tshirt fundraiser. Ie: "Ride for Sergio" with the web address to his fundraising website. Diablo Freeride Park will front the cost of tshirt production and ALL profits will go to the fundraiser. We are still working on some ideas with potentially a "Ride for Sergio" day at Diablo with prizes, group rides, etc to help create awareness. Any thoughts?

I think those are all great ideas, especially the whole 'ride for sergio' day, anything that will really bring his situation to the forefront. I only spoke with Sergio a few times last year but he's a great guy and it'd be awesome to get those who dont know him involved as well.
"You go down that mountain on that bike??!"
"Um... yeah"
"DAAAAAAMN YOU CRAZY!"
- many of the people at the water park at mt creek
FRbullit22
Burner

Postby Al3xMa » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:35 pm

i think thats a great idea, id deff show up with a bunch of my buddies
Al3xMa
Burner

Postby Andyman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:10 pm

DIABLO for SERGIO!!!
we must each row with the oars we have
Andyman
Burner

Postby Trumbullrider » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:39 pm

Shawn_TerraLogic wrote:Update:

great idea, i would be there
Trumbullrider
Bomber

Postby IgorTM » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:57 pm

Just paypal'd some $$ over to Sergio...

also, I think it'd be cool if the crew at Diablo named a drop or a piece of a trail after Sergio.
IgorTM
Bomber

Postby Shawn_TerraLogic » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:04 pm

Andyman wrote:DIABLO for SERGIO!!!

Good idea, but i think we are going to stick with the "Ride for Sergio" slogan on the t-shirts. I want our efforts to be focused on helping Sergio and not a pitch or public relations ploy for Diablo. The shirts will have the words " RIDE FOR SERGIO" with his website logo and a link to the fundraiser. No diablo logos or any other logos of any kind. This is the theme for now, unless we get a better idea.
Any thoughts?
Shawn_TerraLogic

Postby charlieboy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:52 pm

IgorTM wrote:Just paypal'd some $$ over to Sergio...

also, I think it'd be cool if the crew at Diablo named a drop or a piece of a trail after Sergio.

that would be really cool
charlieboy
Toy

Postby CBJ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:05 am

Sounds like a great idea and I am in for a T-shirt. Serio always rode in the Argentinian national soccer team jersey I don't know if that could be an inspiration for the t-shirt.
Thank you spring.
CBJ
All-City

Postby Sergios_Fund » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:04 pm

Shawn,

It's Erika's Sergio's Cousin. I found this site and I am offereing my services.

Please let me know if anyone has pictures of him I can throw up on the site. If you want to vist him please contact me via the web site and I'll pass you the details.

Erika
www.sergiosfund.org
Sergios_Fund
Toy

Postby Shawn_TerraLogic » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:35 pm

Here is Sergio ripping a berm on upper breakout... August 7, 2005

Erika,
We also have a high resolution version if you would like me to email it you.
Shawn_TerraLogic

Postby Sergios_Fund » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:34 am

Yes yes yes!!!!! Please flip it my way!!
Thank yo so much!!

You can send it to the info@sergiosfund.org e-mail. If its bigger than 10 megs you can send it to my work e-mail.
erika.montaperto@schenker.com
Sergios_Fund
Toy

Postby Aceman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:58 am

Maybe take that pic and do something similar to these. Not that I'm a RATM fan or something. :wink: The first one I think might be better cause there's less ink and it won't be as hot. ??? What do you think? The immage of Sergio w/ the "Ride for Sergio" instead of Rage Against the Machine?
Extrememtbr69 "im mot stupid..."
Aceman
All-City

Postby Shawn_TerraLogic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:18 pm

I wanted to share the tshirt design with everyone. These shirts should be available at Diablo by this weekend. Thanks to Chris W for helping out!

Shawn_TerraLogic

Postby FRbullit22 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:25 pm

looks awesome, great design, love the black. i think it's a really great thing diablo is doing for a fellow rider, really shows how strong the community is, especially avoiding the temptation to plug a park or sponsor. that definitely shows it's all about getting him what he needs without any other agenda.

i'll most certainly be picking up at least one the next time i'm there
"You go down that mountain on that bike??!"
"Um... yeah"
"DAAAAAAMN YOU CRAZY!"
- many of the people at the water park at mt creek
FRbullit22
Burner

Postby boshrdcore » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:25 am

Is there any way to purchase shirts other than going to Diablo? It's great that you guys are stepping up to help Sergio and his family.
boshrdcore
Tagger

Postby Huck_Banzai » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:08 pm

Ill take 2 XXL if they can be had (or XL if thats the biggest)

DIablo only?

Hopefully be there soon as this MCL stops pulsin... may just show anyway to feel the vibe and get some tee's
Blah blah blah. . . . .
Huck_Banzai
All-City

Postby CBJ » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:35 am

Will there be more T-shirts made? There was only two small ones left this weekend?
Thank you spring.
CBJ
All-City

Next

Return to Northeast